Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By mr_debauch Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:58 am
only rename shit that needs it i guess... haha .. or only edit names on the 15th bar and push enter right at the end of the 16th
By Cornish1999 Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:55 am
A big whassup to all the djs heads on here

I bought one about 3 weeks ago and only came across this thread last night hunting for tips and tricks

My comments would echo many of yours , especially Ill’s . How you doing Ill? We chatted before on GS threads , you doing some dope beats man and I hope life is good with you what with your country’s struggles man.

Anyway just chiming in to be part of a helpful community on this amazing machine . I was so close to an SP and then a OT, maschine mk3 I went for about a year ago but it didn’t scratch the itch. This thing is like an old school MPC but built with modern tech, just so fast and focussed.

I got lost the other day just pulling a beat together from whatever vinyl was to hand. So easy to use and get it sounding good.

Bugs me that the Pioeneer resources re manual and tutorials don’t go deeper but hey whatcha gonna do :)
By chino Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:50 pm
[quote="Cornish1999"]A big whassup to all the djs heads on here

I bought one about 3 weeks ago and only came across this thread last night hunting for tips and tricks
[quote]

@Cornish1999- I have some short vids posted on Instagram (djchinoevents) of me using the Pioneer DJS-1000. Hopefully, it gives you an idea of how I use the DJS-1000 in my sets. Hit me up with any questions that you have. Im happy to help. :nod:
By Ill-Green Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:37 am
Cornish1999 wrote:A big whassup to all the djs heads on here

My comments would echo many of yours , especially Ill’s . How you doing Ill? We chatted before on GS threads , you doing some dope beats man and I hope life is good with you what with your country’s struggles man.

Anyway just chiming in to be part of a helpful community on this amazing machine . I was so close to an SP and then a OT, maschine mk3 I went for about a year ago but it didn’t scratch the itch. This thing is like an old school MPC but built with modern tech, just so fast and focussed.

I got lost the other day just pulling a beat together from whatever vinyl was to hand. So easy to use and get it sounding good.

Bugs me that the Pioeneer resources re manual and tutorials don’t go deeper but hey whatcha gonna do :)

Hey Cornish! Of course I remember you. You were the only person decent to me on GS. Those guys pick a fight but when you fight back, they cry to the mods... so I'm banned from that place.

I used them all, but nothing like the DJS. Its simplicity at a higher level. I just love it. I originally bought 2 of them, but I ended up selling one to fund my little luthier shop. Thats why I haven't been around, been building electric guitars, upping my skills.

Anyway, I love how it freaks the drums, amplifying them from weak to strong percussive thunder and lightening. I love my DAW too, which is why a lack of song mode doesn't affect me.

Glad you feeling that joy, I can't explain it but you gotta try it to understand it.

I dislike how Pioneer handled the DJS-1000, such a shame.
By saltmcgault Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:41 pm
Off topic:
Ill-Green wrote: Those guys pick a fight but when you fight back, they cry to the mods... so I'm banned from that place.

:lol:
By LouEEE Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:39 pm
only problem ive had with this thing is that if I wanted a mono signal from the right or left channel input, like if I had some banging hi hats but it was only on the right channel. I had to unplug the left channel and put the right channel in the left side, which reverts to mono if only that is plugged in. I threw together a switch that can take one channel of the signal and copy it to the other side while blocking out the other channel. Looks not that good but it fixed my problem.
Also it keeps the power cord in so I dont accidentally yank it out when I move the sampler
By Lampdog Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:34 pm
You should pour acrylic over it and mold it. It will then become a solid piece.
By inflict3 Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:42 am
More dope vids please!!
By Ill-Green Thu May 09, 2019 3:25 pm
Nice track. The synths are from the internal bank? Sounds like you did a whole song there, this is live recordings too? Awesome.

I don't know the future of the DJS, Pioneer is pulling out selling their share leaving KKR. Pioneer will continue making products but all things "PIONEER DJ" will be defunct. It seems the Toraiz series will stay with Pioneer but the DJS looks like will not stay. Can this be the end of an underrated super sampler? I hope it gets new life even though its stable and perfect already but some requests were under development like a pattern chaining or song mode last I heard. Anyhow, Pioneer as of now is up for sale.