MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Eyalc Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:20 pm
Danoc wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Mastered stems lol oh my Goodness lol you're on a roll lol :lol:
I am hollering lol that is hella funny lol :lol:
Eyalc wrote:In general practice it’s a bad idea IMO. I’m not a mastering expert, but I know enough. But I can’t stand when people send me their stems (music or vocals) and say “I mastered them already”, as if it’s helping the process. In reality it makes things a mess more often than not, for various reasons.

LOL, man I got issues this weekend I guess.
By Eyalc Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:21 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
I don't know DJ Shadow created endtroducing using just a MPC. In his bedroom. :lol: :lol: :lol: So are you saying I can't master my music using a pair of Auratone 5C Super Sound, some Yamaha NS-10, a Behringer compressor with a Aphex Systems Aural Exciter. My dreams are broken, I guess I'll go back to collecting SP 1200's and Commodore 64's.

LOL, man you a mess.
By Danoc Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:27 am
:lol: Mang how in the.... Wait its more like.... Why in the hizzy hell would someone master stems? I aint never heard of this ever in my recording life. :lol:

Eyalc wrote:
LOL, man I got issues this weekend I guess.
By Eyalc Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:21 am
Man, I’ve honestly had that. From vocalists more often than not. I had a couple that wanted to make their vocal stems “shine”, so they “mastered” them and sent them to me. It was such a pain to convince them that they actually made my job harder.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:26 am
I master all my stem in 8 bit, so I get that Legendary YouTube Vintage Sound, then I run it though a TC Electronic Finalizer and SSL 9000 and record it to Floppy drive. I heard that's how Dr.Dre and Sting do it. :lol:
By Danoc Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:43 am
GTFOH LOL :lol: :lol:

In 8 bit? Blaaaah hahaaahaha :lol:

CharlesRandolph wrote:I master all my stem in 8 bit, so I get that Legendary YouTube Vintage Sound, then I run it though a TC Electronic Finalizer and SSL 9000 and record it to Floppy drive. I heard that's how Dr.Dre and Sting do it. :lol:
Bymember04959388 Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:59 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:I master all my stem in 8 bit, so I get that Legendary YouTube Vintage Sound, then I run it though a TC Electronic Finalizer and SSL 9000 and record it to Floppy drive. I heard that's how Dr.Dre and Sting do it. :lol:

Yes same of you but instead of a floppy I record all in a broken tape cassette recorder that I put 1 hour under the water to have this washy Stingy sound :)
By CharlesRandolph Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:39 pm
But to be serious I don't use a Maximixer, I just stick to the good ole trusted Manley Massive Passive EQ.
You can get the Plug In for$ 300 or the hardware for $5700.

You can even get the DBX Stereo iEQ-31 for $630.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:18 pm
Eyalc wrote:I have the UAD Manley Massive Passive EQ. Use it all the time! It’s a decent emulation of the real thing.

To me Maximizer are just preset eq's. If a person knows how eq's, limiters, and gain stages work. They wouldn't need all these glorified plug ins. :lol: I've found difference between the hardware and software is how hard you can push it.
By Eyalc Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:35 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Eyalc wrote:I have the UAD Manley Massive Passive EQ. Use it all the time! It’s a decent emulation of the real thing.

To me Maximizer are just preset eq's. If a person knows how eq's, limiters, and gain stages work. They wouldn't need all these glorified plug ins. :lol: I've found difference between the hardware and software is how hard you can push it.

Makes sense really.

I've never used Massive hardware. I hear they're amazing.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:46 pm
Eyalc wrote:Makes sense really.

I've never used Massive hardware. I hear they're amazing.

They are worth it and if you decide to sell it, you can't get at least 65% of the cost. The downfall to the plug in, is that it's stuck in the box.