MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Diam Ruff Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:08 pm
@creal

Can I just say, your browser improvement suggestions were spot on. Navigation is still a little disjointed to me on the Live. I love my MPC but will say that the Maschine browser, is much more fluid and intuitive.
By lih Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:11 pm
although you can already do some forms of drum synthesis already, i think an official well-featured drum synthesizer plugin is in order. and a better less aggressive noise gate, and an expander
By AgentSmith Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:08 pm
What a great initiative. But I would highly recommend using Trello for gathering and managing requests / bugs / improvements, etc. It's a free online tool. Issues can be motivated better, can be discussed, voted, status management, etc.

Here is a great example of Trello being used to gather user feedback and manage product roadmap.

https://trello.com/b/TTAVI7Ny/ue4-roadmap

Cheers!
By Caustic Yoda Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:37 am
Sample Latch/hold from note on state, have been asking since 1.0 wtf, every mpc ever could do it, almost every sampler ever i can think of can do it, why is it so hard akai!!!!!!!!! put in over 20 feature requests via the software, i dont want plugins, softsynth or splice just a basic sampler function, arrrrrghhhhhhh :vomit: :Sigh: :vomit: :Sigh: :vomit: :Sigh: work around with a blank program doesnt cut it either
By ofenomeno Fri May 03, 2019 4:25 am
A Gross Beat copycat

100% serious

Copy the notes from a track in seq 1 to seq2(example an Epiano riff on seq1 copy to seq 2 so I can then make that a diff synth sound)

-A 'favorites" category option.
Be able to select certain sounds as favorites instead of having to browse for them or open up the whole kit
By 40Beatz Fri May 03, 2019 1:35 pm
How bout a Temporary Clipboard type feature. Kinda like how You copy and Paste on Windows. Temporarily copy Scenes, effect settings, Whole Tracks, etc And be able to Paste them in other areas.
By KINGWEBB Wed May 08, 2019 10:37 pm
ofenomeno wrote:A Gross Beat copycat

100% serious

Copy the notes from a track in seq 1 to seq2(example an Epiano riff on seq1 copy to seq 2 so I can then make that a diff synth sound)

-A 'favorites" category option.
Be able to select certain sounds as favorites instead of having to browse for them or open up the whole kit

This right here would be nice. We already have half time and double time but gross beat has so much more. I would like to have a full wave view of all the audio/midi tracks on one screen. This would allow for more complex arrangements, even if we have to zoom in and out and scroll it would be a great feature. :popcorn:
By That-1-DJ Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 am
I just skimmed through this, So forgive me if someone already suggested this. But I would like to be able to "NAME" my MIDI PORTs. e.g..
A : Midi Out A, Could be named A : Motif XF
B : Midi Out B, Could be named B : Roland Boutiques
C : Midi Out C, Could be named C : Logic Pro X
D : Midi Out D, Could be named D :Korg 01/W
By mr_debauch Thu May 09, 2019 7:27 am
i would like 2 things i thought of recently besides the usually mentioned stuff like automation lanes. one is more important for functionality and one is a more neat addition if it is implemented:

1) the ability to re-arrange your effects in your list of 4 in any of the areas where fx are added... for example, maybe i started with a reverb... well later i decided to add something else like an EQ, and hopefully i remembered to put the reverb in slot 2 or 3, not slot 1.. because i would want the EQ before the reverb in some cases... how about a delay, i may want to compare it before and after the reverb, but usually i would put it before if i am doing some sound design... it should have a way to move up or down without adding a new one, saving a template from the existing and loading in the new.

2) how about the idea of some other time stretch (warp) algorithms, the current one i actually really like, but it would be cool to have the option to use an old style one like you'd find in the s1000. While similar results can be achieved, some of those old samplers have become known for that, and since we have the gimmicky vintage mode stuff, this seems like it would fit right in as well. It even gives them the chance to brag about some more of their oldschool equipment akai made back in the day.
By Fanu Fri May 10, 2019 3:39 pm
SORTING for browser.

It's one of the final important lacking things for me.
I sample a lot, and always have, and of course I enjoy the novelty, and want to be able to browse samples sorted by date so I can hear and see latest samples first.
MPC can't do this, and it's a dent to my enjoyment. This is one of the things that'd seal MPC's greatness to me.
By zangetsu01 Fri May 10, 2019 6:36 pm
The ability to re-assign track numbers..The order in which inspiration comes isn't always (if never) the order in what I would arrange my track order..