Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 01, 2019 12:16 am
Is there a way to allow us to go back and edit our post? Sometimes it's for typos, updated dead link or photo, or to erase wrong information that we posted. :nod:
By Danoc Wed May 01, 2019 12:23 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Is there a way to allow us to go back and edit our post? Sometimes it's for typos, updated dead link or photo, or to erase wrong information that we posted. :nod:

Yes you can. But you only have like 10 or 15 minutes to do so. Other than that its permanent.
Of ask Tutor to remove it.
By Lampdog Wed May 01, 2019 12:35 am
Everything Danoc said.

Or if it’s important enough to you then ask me, I’ll do it. I don’t cater to others OCD though, just my own lil OCD.

Funny you bring this up because sometimes, just sometimes, when I’m reading a thread and I see fat finger typos everywhere or links not typed/posted correctly I’ll take a minute to correct it.

I just do it randomly.
By MPC-Tutor Wed May 01, 2019 9:09 am
You wouldn't believe the number of people who try to delete their old posts by replacing all the original text with '....', seriously, it's a real problem, I've had someone kill over 50 topics before by deleting all their topic starting posts one by one, or the classic where they get a bunch of answers and then delete their original question, replacing with 'problem solved, thanks').

Hence the 2 hour editing window was introduced which I felt gave people enough time to spot any mistakes in their post and amend it. This is a global setting, I can't override it for any one user. Sorry!
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 01, 2019 9:38 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:You wouldn't believe the number of people who try to delete their old posts by replacing all the original text with '....', seriously, it's a real problem, I've had someone kill over 50 topics before by deleting all their topic starting posts one by one, or the classic where they get a bunch of answers and then delete their original question, replacing with 'problem solved, thanks').

Hence the 2 hour editing window was introduced which I felt gave people enough time to spot any mistakes in their post and amend it. This is a global setting, I can't override it for any one user. Sorry!

Thank you for the response, I thought it was just this account. Because I remembered, I use to be able to correct and update my past post. However, once someone reply before that 1 or 2 hour window, we can no longer edit or update the post. I guess, I'll have to type inside of Microsoft Office before publishing my content. I Thank You, my OCD waves an angry fist. :lol: