MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm
Unreallystic wrote:On my cruise I won a pair of White & gold Beats By Dre. I just couldn't stop thinking about this thread and the MPC, it was just funny to me.

Found your ship!
By NorthBro Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:48 pm
Hello there,

Does anyone knows if this Gold Edition comes with the (horrific) Soft Touch finish?
(you know, the rubber coating finish that dust magnet as hell!!)

thanks.
By justineastwick Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:09 pm
The MPC Live is $999 now. Would the MPC Live Gold Edition be $1,199 then?
I was saving up to buy a MPC X, but I might get another MPC Live now that the price has dropped.
By justineastwick Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:01 am
kaydigi wrote:
justineastwick wrote:The MPC Live is $999 now. Would the MPC Live Gold Edition be $1,199 then?
I was saving up to buy a MPC X, but I might get another MPC Live now that the price has dropped.

Did the X get a price drop?

Yeah, a marginal price drop.
By Monotremata Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:09 am
Maybe it'll bring the used ones down a couple hundred heh. I usually seem em between 8-900, at that price Id rather buy a shiny brand new one in a box with a full warranty hehe.
By justineastwick Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:06 pm
Monotremata wrote:Maybe it'll bring the used ones down a couple hundred heh. I usually seem em between 8-900, at that price Id rather buy a shiny brand new one in a box with a full warranty hehe.

Yeah, I agree. You're better off spending the $100-$200 on a new one instead of a used one. I'm seriously considering forgoing the MPC X to get another MPC Live at this point (or maybe continue to save up and spend the $1,200 on a MPC 4000).
By Ill-Green Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:36 pm
Nah no discount for the X. For anything, the price drop on the Live could be temporary. I think Akai saw the DJS-1000 for $979 last week and decided to compete.
By Monotremata Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:24 pm
justineastwick wrote:
Monotremata wrote:Maybe it'll bring the used ones down a couple hundred heh. I usually seem em between 8-900, at that price Id rather buy a shiny brand new one in a box with a full warranty hehe.

Yeah, I agree. You're better off spending the $100-$200 on a new one instead of a used one. I'm seriously considering forgoing the MPC X to get another MPC Live at this point (or maybe continue to save up and spend the $1,200 on a MPC 4000).

Haha Im in the same boat.. Im using the software now, but Ive become a total MPC convert since I got it and haven't even used Logic since. I want to stay in the MPC ecosystem but I also want to kind of safeguard my broke ass from Apple always leaving me behind every few years until I can catch up with a new Mac. One of these days Im going to be so sick of sitting at my Mac I want to be able to still do what I love to do without being its slave like the 'old days'.. The Live is extremely tempting as its basically the hardware version of what I use now, the 5000 is also just about exactly the same specs but Ive heard its MIDI timing is terrible, and then there's THE ONE. The one that still makes all the other MPC's look like toys. If youre patient I see em on eBay anywhere from $6-1000 all the time but its a matter of waiting it out. There was one locally here a couple weeks ago for about $700, it was cheaper than a 5000 and a 2500 thats for sale now.

The only thing that irks me about the 4000 is it was unfinished so to speak, unlike a 2000. With a 2000 youre stuck in late 90s spec wise, but that thing is a rock solid tool that will outlast us. I really wish I could put the same faith in the Nukai line, but I think Id rather get a 4000 over any of those, because its from the Akai that actually knew what it was doing. Those were the guys that bled for their products and believed in them enough they werent looking to replace them every couple of years with a new model for new revenue. It had its very deserved reputation and didnt need anything new or fancy at the time. People just got them because they did what they were supposed to do! I dont know, if I manage to grab the couple of samplers I want to pair up with the MPC, I may just get a 2000XL and move the non-drum stuff to the samplers where it should be and keep the 2k at the center with the rhythm and sequencer where it should be.
By justineastwick Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:46 pm
Monotremata wrote:Haha Im in the same boat.. Im using the software now, but Ive become a total MPC convert since I got it and haven't even used Logic since. I want to stay in the MPC ecosystem but I also want to kind of safeguard my broke ass from Apple always leaving me behind every few years until I can catch up with a new Mac. One of these days Im going to be so sick of sitting at my Mac I want to be able to still do what I love to do without being its slave like the 'old days'.. The Live is extremely tempting as its basically the hardware version of what I use now, the 5000 is also just about exactly the same specs but Ive heard its MIDI timing is terrible, and then there's THE ONE. The one that still makes all the other MPC's look like toys. If youre patient I see em on eBay anywhere from $6-1000 all the time but its a matter of waiting it out. There was one locally here a couple weeks ago for about $700, it was cheaper than a 5000 and a 2500 thats for sale now.

The only thing that irks me about the 4000 is it was unfinished so to speak, unlike a 2000. With a 2000 youre stuck in late 90s spec wise, but that thing is a rock solid tool that will outlast us. I really wish I could put the same faith in the Nukai line, but I think Id rather get a 4000 over any of those, because its from the Akai that actually knew what it was doing. Those were the guys that bled for their products and believed in them enough they werent looking to replace them every couple of years with a new model for new revenue. It had its very deserved reputation and didnt need anything new or fancy at the time. People just got them because they did what they were supposed to do! I dont know, if I manage to grab the couple of samplers I want to pair up with the MPC, I may just get a 2000XL and move the non-drum stuff to the samplers where it should be and keep the 2k at the center with the rhythm and sequencer where it should be.

Yeah, I like my MPC Live. Originally, I was saving up for the MPC X (came from the MPC 1000), but on impulse, I bought the MPC Live was cheaper. I found out that the MPC X doesn't have a rechargeable battery like the MPC Live and I kind of glad I made the impulse purchase. To me, the MPC Live is just a compact MPC X, and now that the price has dropped, I'm thinking of getting another one instead of getting a MPC X. Maybe I might get the MPC 4000 to see what all the hype is about...
By Crumb$ Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:33 pm
A good upgrade for the Live would be glow lights under the Q link knobs so I can see them when I'm in the dark, like they was just floating there ready for me to tweak!