Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cornish1999 Sun May 12, 2019 6:22 pm
Thanks Ill

Hope you’re doing good man

Yep, synth riff from one of the supplied Sample packs baked in, few other bits sampled in fresh too

Sequences about 10 patterns and then just jammed with them live whilst recording it into ableton.

Love this machine.

My local dj/synth shop love it too and shake their heads at how low key it is.

Had a scratch dj friend round today and he live scratched on a deck whilst I sampled him live into the djs and built a beat. He couldn’t belive the speed and flow lol.

Glad we got in while we did Ill

Keep well brother
By Ill-Green Sun May 12, 2019 11:54 pm
Ha yeah, I thought I was the only one recording and playing patterns into the DAW. I love that you get a bit of Digitakt control over the sequences, lots of remixes can be made on the fly. Good one Cornish!

Pioneer created something on a level that other companies have not thought up yet. Because the DJS is focused on the DJ where conditions are more chaotic than a producer in the studio with a cup of coffee and newspaper, its more on the fly than any sampler in history.

I love that its kinda Roland SP-ish too, though I wish it did have its 180 minute limit per pad like the SPs but 1 minute per pad is cool, stereo or mono. :-D
By Wormhelmet Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 am
Ill-Green wrote:Ha yeah, I thought I was the only one recording and playing patterns into the DAW. I love that you get a bit of Digitakt control over the sequences, lots of remixes can be made on the fly. Good one Cornish!

Pioneer created something on a level that other companies have not thought up yet. Because the DJS is focused on the DJ where conditions are more chaotic than a producer in the studio with a cup of coffee and newspaper, its more on the fly than any sampler in history.

I love that its kinda Roland SP-ish too, though I wish it did have its 180 minute limit per pad like the SPs but 1 minute per pad is cool, stereo or mono. :-D

To me it looks like they did that live oriented play with the new Squid sequencer also. Looks like it would pair well with the djs-1000. I was pretty skeptical seeing it in action on the first part of the marketing video, but after watching the whole thing and seeing features explained, then checking price of it, it looks pretty sweet.

My Spectralis 2 sequencer has features like that to flip around the sequence live in a bunch of different ways and never have to stop the sequencer running. It’s one reason why I gave up the DAW for hardware. Sitting and tediously mixing is fun in its own right, but I like to play. Guitar, keys, drums, live sequencers.
By Ill-Green Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 am
Wormhelmet wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Ha yeah, I thought I was the only one recording and playing patterns into the DAW. I love that you get a bit of Digitakt control over the sequences, lots of remixes can be made on the fly. Good one Cornish!

To me it looks like they did that live oriented play with the new Squid sequencer also. Looks like it would pair well with the djs-1000. I was pretty skeptical seeing it in action on the first part of the marketing video, but after watching the whole thing and seeing features explained, then checking price of it, it looks pretty sweet.

My Spectralis 2 sequencer has features like that to flip around the sequence live in a bunch of different ways and never have to stop the sequencer running. It’s one reason why I gave up the DAW for hardware. Sitting and tediously mixing is fun in its own right, but I like to play. Guitar, keys, drums, live sequencers.

Exactly my man. Even though my thing is Hip Hop, I like being musical in my craft and keep it going until I can think of a perfect outro ending. Sometimes it can go on for hours until I realized an outro :mrgreen:

The SP-16 is on the fly too. I totally slept on that but it wasn't on the DJS' level until a couple updates later. I still bought it even after much research between the two. The Squid looks like a sequencer but I haven't seen it in action yet since its notice. Guess, there's more by now. :idea:
By d2ba Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 pm
Hi looking at getting a pair of these ---what updates since release on DJS-1000?
Will DJS-1000 ever have song mode?
By Ill-Green Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:39 pm
So far, the last update was OS 1.11 on Jun.'18.

I have spoke with Pioneer DJ a few times. They are working on an update, things are changing for administration so it will be kinda slow when it finally gets out. Good thing about the changes is that now Toraiz will be its own branch from Pioneer DJ and will be about beat production products.

If there is a song mode coming, most likely it'll be a pattern chaining list type. Thats all I know, but believe Pioneer is listening.
By chino Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:51 pm
Ill-Green wrote:So far, the last update was OS 1.11 on Jun.'18.

I have spoke with Pioneer DJ a few times. They are working on an update, things are changing for administration so it will be kinda slow when it finally gets out. Good thing about the changes is that now Toraiz will be its own branch from Pioneer DJ and will be about beat production products.

If there is a song mode coming, most likely it'll be a pattern chaining list type. Thats all I know, but believe Pioneer is listening.

I'd like to see a "NORMALIZE" feature added & more Fxs in the next firmware update. Song mode via a pattern chaining list would be cool too.

I have a wish list for a MK2 version...

1. Add a button below the FX button for a 'KEY'board function with an Arp.
2. Add built in storage via a user replaceable SSD.
3. Add 4 more bar buttons.
By Ill-Green Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 am
chino wrote:
I'd like to see a "NORMALIZE" feature added & more Fxs in the next firmware update. Song mode via a pattern chaining list would be cool too.

I have a wish list for a MK2 version...

1. Add a button below the FX button for a 'KEY'board function with an Arp.
2. Add built in storage via a user replaceable SSD.
3. Add 4 more bar buttons.

Hey Chino!

Pioneer DJ just released an update for the SP-16. A second FX was added and ability to MIDI clock with any DAW. Too bad no delete feature yet...damn.

Yo! Had no idea Normalize was missing, never thought to use it at all. And I'm a big normalize buff! Good to know, I'll mention it.

At least this is promising, I am very hopeful for the next DJS-1000 update :mrgreen:
By chino Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:59 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Oh man, the Toraiz SP-16 just got chopped to $899.

Do I sense a successor coming soon?

Ive had a GREAT experience with the DJS-1000 sampler!! If Pioneer did come out with a Toraiz MK2- I would DEF consider it! :nod: :nod:
By chino Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:45 pm
*UPDATE*

1.12 FIRMWARE Update
[FIXED]
Minor issues on the touch display. (I never noticed any issues with the touch display)

I was hoping for some additional Fx to be added & the 'NORMALIZE' feature. Maybe Pioneer DJ can add some new Fx in the next update???
By DokBrown Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:18 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Thanks Gnome Tone :worthy:

Thats one of the things that brought me to the DJS-1000, that Roland SP kinda flow. But this is like an SP404 on gamma-ray steroids with a touch-screen. :-D

This thing is built to partner with mixers, you'll have no problems. And if its a Pioneer mixer, you'll have access to other features via LAN connection. But not necessary.

The X is powerful, but sometimes I feel its bloated for what I need it for. The DJS is just perfect and straight to the point. You'll be awed out your mind when you explore it. It does so much its not even documented.

And YES again, you can tell the DJS how many bars you want a sample stretched, its pretty magical in that department. Things fall in perfectly. I never felt that with the MV8800.

I will do another video, just thinking of doing something different this time. Kinda readjusting my ergonomics in the studio for a perfect sit and play. Minor stuff really, but helps a long way. October will be the DJS-1000's 1 year anniversary, that when my little album will be out made entirely on the unit.

I don't need song mode either, I grew up on the BOSS/Roland SPs, everything is always recorded live into DAWs. :mrgreen:

This is clearly a different class of machines than the MPC series but it does compare to the AKAI FORCE. I particularly like the temp fader & touch strip.

ANY1 care to comment on the warp capabilities ?
Smoother ?
Better at major BPM changes ?

By Ill-Green Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:12 pm
For me the BPM changes are really smooth. The samples somehow always land on time and doesn't sound squished or stretched in.

You can warp samples in the sequencer like the Digitakt, changing parameters and such on the fly. Compared to the Live, the DJS is just more slicker and fluid in that field.

I am surprised we even got an update at this moment in time but I'm still content with 1.10. Until something huge comes then I'll update but these little interger updates won't make me.