Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By saltmcgault Sun May 12, 2019 2:18 am
yea the pcb board from mpc stuff requires no soldering. Not a bad idea to get it. if you don’t want the new style wheel and want to keep the wheel you have now you’ll have to tell them that. they will send you a adapter for it to connect otherwise just use the new style wheel. i think the adapter is $5. i wouldn’t be surprised about pad 1 & 2 triggering. those two are the most common to get mashed on. have you taken the faceplate off and tried adjusted the pads and maybe trying to re-aligning the faceplate? that may help.my homies faceplate on my homies 2500 kinda sits weird on it. i’ve taken his apart numerous times and i’ve got it to align better.
By marceloasherq Sun May 12, 2019 3:50 am
saltmcgault wrote:yea the pcb board from mpc stuff requires no soldering. Not a bad idea to get it. if you don’t want the new style wheel and want to keep the wheel you have now you’ll have to tell them that. they will send you a adapter for it to connect otherwise just use the new style wheel. i think the adapter is $5. i wouldn’t be surprised about pad 1 & 2 triggering. those two are the most common to get mashed on. have you taken the faceplate off and tried adjusted the pads and maybe trying to re-aligning the faceplate? that may help.my homies faceplate on my homies 2500 kinda sits weird on it. i’ve taken his apart numerous times and i’ve got it to align better.

I think I might like the new style, if by that you mean the smooth dial. Isn't that what the 2000XL had?

I've not taken it apart yet. Been a little nervous to, to be honest. haha. But I guess I will. I might wait until I have the cash to replace the PCB and put in thicker pads and just do it all at once. Some of my buttons are a little weird anyway, so it might be good just to just do the whole d@mn thing at the same time.
By saltmcgault Sun May 12, 2019 4:21 am
the 2500 is a beast treat her good. good idea on the pcb board. if i were you i’d replace the buttons as well. the factory ones are brittle when i changed them out there were like 6 broken. imho **** those fat pads. maybe get the risers for under your pads. you could always make some yourself if you don’t want to buy them.
By marceloasherq Sun May 12, 2019 11:25 pm
saltmcgault wrote:the 2500 is a beast treat her good. good idea on the pcb board. if i were you i’d replace the buttons as well. the factory ones are brittle when i changed them out there were like 6 broken. imho **** those fat pads. maybe get the risers for under your pads. you could always make some yourself if you don’t want to buy them.

Yeah I figured i'd probably get new pads and buttons all at the same time. My cursor button is acting kinda weird.

My pads are all kinds of wonky right now, so as I type this I'm getting ready to take the thing apart and see what it looks like inside

You don't like the fat pads? Why is that?
By saltmcgault Sun May 12, 2019 11:38 pm
marceloasherq wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:the 2500 is a beast treat her good. good idea on the pcb board. if i were you i’d replace the buttons as well. the factory ones are brittle when i changed them out there were like 6 broken. imho **** those fat pads. maybe get the risers for under your pads. you could always make some yourself if you don’t want to buy them.

Yeah I figured i'd probably get new pads and buttons all at the same time. My cursor button is acting kinda weird.

My pads are all kinds of wonky right now, so as I type this I'm getting ready to take the thing apart and see what it looks like inside

You don't like the fat pads? Why is that?

My friend has the fat pads on his 2500. i feel like they just don’t sit right in there. His faceplate is kind of jacked like the bottom part is kind of bent a little. so maybe that’s why. i just don’t like them but if that’s what you want go for it. that’s just my opinion. lol
By marceloasherq Mon May 13, 2019 12:16 am
saltmcgault wrote:My friend has the fat pads on his 2500. i feel like they just don’t sit right in there. His faceplate is kind of jacked like the bottom part is kind of bent a little. so maybe that’s why. i just don’t like them but if that’s what you want go for it. that’s just my opinion. lol

I feel ya. I have the thing open right now. Trying to see what I can see. Already found two broken buttons a mess of dust/gunk under there — especially on the pads themselves. I don't have the cash to replace the PCB board or the buttons or pads right now, but I figured it would help to at least clean the thing a little bit and discern if there's any other obvious issues.

Any advice on getting the pads to trigger right? longer I have this thing (it's only been a couple weeks) the more issues I'm finding. Now the the pads are kinda all over the place. Hitting pad 2 sometimes also fires pads 6, 10, and 14 (and so on).
By saltmcgault Mon May 13, 2019 12:56 am
try not to use those 2 pads as much for basic drums put them on the upper pads A13-A16. i would blast that dust out with an air can while you have it open and clean that gunk off the pad sensor and under the pads. The good thing is a lot of the problems you have can be fixed by replacing parts. It sucks buying that shit but it’s worth it. just stash some coins away and save up for it. It’s worth the investment especially when you got the mpc pretty cheap.
By marceloasherq Mon May 13, 2019 1:17 am
saltmcgault wrote:try not to use those 2 pads as much for basic drums put them on the upper pads A13-A16. i would blast that dust out with an air can while you have it open and clean that gunk off the pad sensor and under the pads. The good thing is a lot of the problems you have can be fixed by replacing parts. It sucks buying that **** but it’s worth it. just stash some coins away and save up for it. It’s worth the investment especially when you got the mpc pretty cheap.

I tried wiping down the pad sensors and now they are infinitely worse. The whole pad section now is entirely malfunctioning and is essentially unusable in general. So weird. I opened it up just to clean it and now it's acting entirely broken. Guess I should have just kept it closed. Shoot.