Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By monotropist Sun May 19, 2019 2:56 am
Hi! I just picked up a 2500, and it looks to be in pretty good shape. Unfortunately, none of the pads are working.
Clicking the 'Mode' button followed by any pad doesn't do anything at all.

Should I share pictures of the unit? I opened it up and the connections appear to be connected. I don't see anything that looks outright fried or damaged. I spoke with someone who fixes these, and they told me that normally when the sensors need to be replaced, only a few of the pads go out at a time, and they suspect something else might be the problem. Does that sound correct?

This is really frustrating- I could just return the unit to the seller but I've been really hankering to get started, sucks to send it back and start the hunt all over again. Everything else appears to work, but the pads are all completely unresponsive. Thanks!
By yellow7 Wed May 22, 2019 7:46 pm
Hi. I'd posted a query last night showing the same symptoms as yours. I'm an electronics service / design engineer by hobby & profession so disassembled & appeared to have fixed mine, maybe yours has the same fault. Mine was caused by a build up of worn rubber on pad 13 (from the pad's underside) against the corresponding touch pad sensor, i just used alcohol to clean it. If you're unable to dis-assemble then a domestic repair shop would soon do it, there's a video here showing how to take apart;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhYqySGH-7k

watch to time 2:45, from there-on just remove the 4x4 rubber pads & wipe the entire sensor-sheet that's under the pads with a non abrasive (polishing) cloth with a rubbing alcohol.

Happy sampling!!
By JUKE 179r Thu May 23, 2019 11:54 am
The only time I've seen all 16 pads dead was when the pad's ribbon cable wasn't making contact to connector on the circuit board.
Try reseating the pad's ribbon cable or,
try cleaning the pad's contacts with alcohol/contact cleaner or,
use a pencil eraser and lightly clean the contacts and reinsert.