Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Fanu Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:14 pm

Ever wanted to learn how to make music with Ableton Live?
My Ableton Live Basics video course is AVAILABLE NOW.

BUY AT: http://fanumusic.com/shop/

There are two options:
• Video only (4.5 hours): 49 EUR
• Video + one hour of personal tuition / assistance (via Skype etc.): 89 EUR

As you know, I've been making most of my music with Ableton Live for many years now, and I'm also officially an Ableton Certified Trainer.
I wanted to make this video to help YOU, too, to grasp how Ableton Live works and make music with it.
I wanted to make a "video manual" that'd teach one all the basics (and extra tips) one needs to make music with my favorite music software.
The video covers a 4.5-hours long session that first covers the main tools and techniques and then records the song from Session to Arrangement.
See the product page at http://fanumusic.com/shop/ for full listing of topics that the video covers. I drop many little tips and tricks and thoughs between the main topics, too.

This program is what I've been teaching to my Ableton students for years, and I can guarantee it does work!
(NB: This is NOT a video about songwriting; this is a video that helps you use a very popular music-making software).

Video is suitable for both beginners as well as more experienced users who want to learn how to use Ableton Live.
By Fanu Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:09 am
drumjockey wrote:Copped. Looking forward to gleaning the knowledge from you. Bonus that you're a Finn, as so was my grandfather...miss hearing him speak Finnish growing up...Peace Fanu!

Thank you man! :)

This video has already gone to 12 countries, and the feedback has been great.
It's the same program I've been teaching to my students for years, and I know it does work!
By saltmcgault Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:29 am
just curious. did you happen to throw in a tutorial in there on how to extract acapellas out of a song by using the song and instrumental? i’ve tried following a couple youtube videos step by step and i couldn’t seem to get it to work.
By Fanu Wed May 29, 2019 7:14 pm
saltmcgault wrote:just curious. did you happen to throw in a tutorial in there on how to extract acapellas out of a song by using the song and instrumental? i’ve tried following a couple youtube videos step by step and i couldn’t seem to get it to work.

No man; it's not really simple…can't be done very easily.
By Fanu Wed May 29, 2019 7:21 pm

I'm giving you 25 minutes of FREE Ableton knowledge!

I've been asked for a "taster video" of my recent Ableton Live Basics video course…so, I decided to give you all a little taster.
Here's 25 mins out of the 4.5-hour course.

Here I'm showing you how to work with midi and instruments.

If this whets your appetite for learning Ableton Live, you can grab my full video:
http://fanumusic.com/shop/

There are two options:
1) video only and
2) video + one-hour personal tuition session (any topics)

This taster excerpt covers:
• How to play a midi track / instrument
• Record a midi clip in two ways
• Creating a clip using the Capture feature
• Clip start and loop
• Grid in clips
• Creating midi notes
• Record midi notes
• Using record quantization
• Correcting midi note placement with quantization
• Midi note editing

Full content/topics of the 4.5-hour video:
https://tinyurl.com/FanuAbletonPDF1
By Fanu Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:48 pm
I'm doing a quick flash SALE on my Ableton Live Basics masterclass.
For this week only, the price is 20 EUR only (+tax if in EU).

Learning the DAW from an Ableton Certified pro will NOT get cheaper than this ;)

Get it at https://fanumusic.com/product/ableton-l ... ics-video/
Honestly, if this does not teach you how to make music with Live…money back! See the product page for full content listing.
By sbtst6 Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:24 pm
I purchased the 1st video :worthy: .. Thank You for keeping it very basic and simple! The only thing i would suggest for the next video is ,if at all possible, providing the files used in the videos. I know I have several different version of the break you used in the video, but when trying to duplicate from the tutorial, i got the understanding, but just a slightly different outcome.

Looking forward to the next one!
By Fanu Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:40 pm
sbtst6 wrote:I purchased the 1st video :worthy: .. Thank You for keeping it very basic and simple! The only thing i would suggest for the next video is ,if at all possible, providing the files used in the videos. I know I have several different version of the break you used in the video, but when trying to duplicate from the tutorial, i got the understanding, but just a slightly different outcome.

Thanks man! What counts is that you learn the technique – then you can get to apply it to whatever files of yours!
Cheers for the support :)

Anyways…
When I released my 4.5-hour Ableton Live Basics video, I decided that if it sold 100 copies, I'd do an Advanced one.
And it's now gone over 100…
Now finally pushing on a bit with the ADVANCED course.
TBH I can't promise it "soon"; with my schedule and all the mastering/mixing on the desk, it's always the last thing I have energy for…but hey, it's still in the works and I've done 1.5 hours of content now.
A lot of nerdery, audio processing…and obv. stuff that the Basics video didn't cover.
Thanks to all who have bagged the first video!
Well, enough talking…back to work on more!
PS: What would YOU like to learn about Ableton Live?
By sbtst6 Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:10 am
Fanu wrote:
sbtst6 wrote:I purchased the 1st video :worthy: .. Thank You for keeping it very basic and simple! The only thing i would suggest for the next video is ,if at all possible, providing the files used in the videos. I know I have several different version of the break you used in the video, but when trying to duplicate from the tutorial, i got the understanding, but just a slightly different outcome.

PS: What would YOU like to learn about Ableton Live?

hmmm... Maybe some Push stuff into the mix??
By Fanu Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:44 am
In true early Black Friday fashion, my Ableton Certified Basics and Advanced masterclasses as well as bundle with both are now -50% off for November.

CODE: blackfriday50
SHOP: http://fanumusic.com/shop/

A few hundred videos sold worldwide, so thanks to everybody supporting.
Learning from a professional 100% guaranteed – over 9 hours of content in total.