Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By JJG Wed May 29, 2019 9:33 pm
Can anyone tell me what you add to a beat
Thanks.
By Monotremata Thu May 30, 2019 2:38 am
Depends on what kinda material Im going for. Maybe some synths, maybe some noisy guitar, definitely something bassy, maybe some samples Ive mangled to the point of no return looping everywhere? Am I making an electronic based track? Am I working on some dubby beat-based loop stuff? Am I writing for my industrial/metal/thing band? Am I pretending Im Hank Shocklee again? Hell I do noise/ambient/avantgarde stuff, sometimes I don't even have a beat to add to!
By JJG Thu May 30, 2019 9:07 am
Hip hop,Ambient, and funk so far lol
I like all types of music I just want to get a general idea of what goes into a beat
By Lampdog Thu May 30, 2019 5:28 pm
JJG wrote:Can anyone tell me what you add to a beat
Thanks.

All these months asking all these basic questions?
You should by now have a decent general understanding of how you may want to craft your brand.
By JJG Fri May 31, 2019 6:06 am
Thanks for the help
By The Jackal Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:49 am
You add what sounds good.

Vague questions get vague answers.
By JJG Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:10 pm
Okay well what do you add besides a lead sound, drums, and vocals lol
By Lampdog Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:24 pm
By saltmcgault Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:08 pm
JJG wrote:Okay well what do you add besides a lead sound, drums, and vocals lol

Are you trolling?
By Monotremata Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:26 pm
Sometimes I add the funk. Sometimes I just set the tempo to 200 and pretend its a grindcore song. I think right now Im gonna run the stereo outputs through a delay with feedback set to 100 and call it a remix.
By JJG Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:37 am
Well I would mostly sample and add drums or vocals lol but now I’m like shiiittt there’s so much to add lol
But thanks
By JJG Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:31 am
I can show you what I got lol
By Monotremata Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:03 pm
dryad-66 wrote:How about some cowbells

Even better. Take a cowbell, time stretch it to like 15 seconds, pitch shift it down 2 octaves. BOOM there's your ambient background loop!