Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Lampdog Thu May 23, 2019 6:29 pm
I have this app and it's fun and fuk. It sounds REALLY good and kept my MOOG thirst in check for a LONG time. I mean it made my car system growl like a muhfuka.

:arrow: Minimoog Model D on the App Store

By Lampdog Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:25 pm
A great great app. Best virtual analog app on my iPad. $14 USD in the app store.

I know you all heard me say it before but I keep on discovering stuff so of course I’m gonna spill the beans on it.

The app is able to save/load patches and there are lots of patches shared here.
:arrow: 100 weird and wonderful patches

:arrow: How to make 5 legendary Minimoog sounds

PDF :arrow: Minimoog sounds charts

By Wormhelmet Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:59 am
Spent the last couple days digging into BeatMaker 3. Trying to get the workflow down better. I’ve spent so much time with hardware the last year I kind of just been skimming through mobile apps. I bought BM3 when it came out.

They have been working hard on this app. Support for AU, IAA, Audiobus is really good. BM3 is completely multitimbral with banks of 16 channel midi very configurable. That means you can sequence multiple hardware instruments with it if you have the interface that has multiple 5 pin outs on it and some midi thru boxes. Easily sequence 32 external channels while still using internal routing to run iOS synths and sound modules. The midi editing has improved greatly on it as well.

My wait for Akai to get the standalone MPC or if he’ll froze over and Roland ever listened and gave us an updated my series sampler, is over.

BM3 has all the features I wanted out of these. Midi controllers that take focus when you switch highlight of tracks works good also.

Midi mapping is super easy and supports easily mapping controllers and saving as template.

They have good browser for previewing samples and disk streaming samples. Hands down, for me, the best multitracking app similar to Ableton features. They have scenes and good time stretching as well plus good built in fx

Great job they’ve done.
By Lampdog Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:31 pm
Yep!

BM3 is some great great shit.
By inflict3 Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:53 pm
Lampdog wrote:Yep!

BM3 is some great great shit.

Shit, I’m stressed over intua and bm3. The main dev. Matt is no longer on the dev team and we haven’t had an update since November. Very worried for the future. Rumor has it Matt is working on something new and I think it’s with the msx audio guys.
By Wormhelmet Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:25 pm
inflict3 wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Yep!

BM3 is some great great ****.

****, I’m stressed over intua and bm3. The main dev. Matt is no longer on the dev team and we haven’t had an update since November. Very worried for the future. Rumor has it Matt is working on something new and I think it’s with the msx audio guys.

Hopefully they get another great dev and no one left hard to decipher code.

I haven’t experienced too many bugs with it although I’m sure there are some still. It’s a pretty fully fledged product.

I started with NanoStudio and moved to BM2 then BM3 but NanoStudio 2 is out now also. Haven’t tried it yet but tempted to. BM3 is really covering all my needs now though. Took a little while digging into it to see differences from BM2 and understand all it could do, but once understood, has been more of a translation from features I used in Ableton Live vs features in BM2. Its on a whole different level than BM2, that’s for sure.
By Lampdog Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:56 pm
By Wormhelmet Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:23 pm
*Make sure you got bass capable speakers

Original NanoStudio track I made

Original BM2 track I made

By Lampdog Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:24 pm
TF7 is a polyphonic frequency modulation synthesiser that is made for touch. Beneath it’s user-friendly pad interface lies a sophisticated synth engine that is based on the algorithms from famous FM synthesisers.

From sweet syrupy trebles to grungy bass, TF7 has it covered.

It’s FM Synthesis made easy.

Create wonderful music by playing simple shapes using the touch interface and playing these same shapes across the pad. Embellish the shapes to play advanced compositions. Switch to chromatic mode to get the notes that you need.

Choose from 7 different algorithms and 10 different effects to sculpt your sound.

Effects include :

Delay
Flanger
Filter Sweep
EQ
Rotary
Compression
Chorus
Stereo Reverb
Pitch-shift Delay
Auto-whamy

Works with your midi keyboard as well via the Camera Connection Kit.

That’s right – it’s free from the Apple App Store, with in-app purchases for extra sounds and modules.

By inflict3 Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:10 am
planeth wrote:Try the brand new G-Stomper Producer app.
Free demo at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oducerdemo
Short introduction and feature comparison (with G-Stomper Studio) at: https://www.planet-h.com/2019/06/11/int ... -producer/
Try it, you won’t be disappointed.

I love what y’all are doing for Android!! Keep it up please. :worthy:
By Lampdog Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:16 am
Yeah, Android music creation apps need a shot in the arm.
Give it to em.
By planeth Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:05 pm
inflict3 wrote:I love what y’all are doing for Android!! Keep it up please. :worthy:

Thank you :-D . We will, for sure!
By Lampdog Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:21 am
I haven’t looked lately but does anyone have any new fave apps they’re using that the rest of us need to check out?