Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By doejohn Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:28 am
Looking desperately to find a part name for the q link sliders. The websites that sell them are in America and I’m not, they all just say mpc 1000 faded or similar stuff. Does anyone know the actual part name?
By JUKE 179r Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:54 am
The actual name is called a linear or slide potentiometer. It's 10kohm with, I believe, a 30mm travel.
If I remember correctly, it's the not the same 45mm slide length as on the MPC2000XL, 3000, 4000, or 2500 so the part number will be different.
Depending where you live, try using Mouser's worldwide website... https://eu.mouser.com/cs/localsites?qs=0gZ0gv0KDwv2xMAUiAOPFP0DckSVxNo20pzMBJH0tGHJJT%2FbEd7n7LAT42hkG9X7TyP2%252Btxc%252BWI%3D.

This one ***might*** work... Alps part number #RS30111A9012 ... https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ALPS/RS30111A9012?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtC25l1F4XBU2iqx3j3jLw7cispPOHLg2M%3D
Here is the the datasheet with specs... https://eu.mouser.com/datasheet/2/15/RS__1-1370683.pdf

Good luck!
By doejohn Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:58 pm
@lampdog different to the part posted in the comment above?

I actually found the thread the other guy posted first but yeah it said mpc2500. There’s little information out there for an actual part name. The only people that sell them are mpcstuff but that’s in America. I emailed and asked them for the part name but they’re saying they don’t know, probably because they’re the only people stocking it. It has to be coming from somewhere though. Mouser shipping fees are nuts so I’ve been trying to find anywhere else but I might just have to suck it up and pay it
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:54 pm
Mike from MPCstuff isn't going to share manufacturer part numbers, the whole point is that he's done the research, sourced and tested compatible parts for you, guaranteed to work. I believe the Qlink sliders have to be manually customised to fit as there are no longer any off-the-shelf parts compatible. Hence the price he charges, you're effectively paying for a service. Over the years Mike has invested greatly in developing parts for the MPC community (many of which unfortunately barely sell); it's a very niche operation, not mass-market, and the pricing often reflects this.

If you were fixing these for a living I could understand the need to find a compatible part yourself, but as a one off purchase, $16+$20 worldwide shipping seems reasonable compared the hours researching (perhaps in vain) plus trial and error costs etc.
By doejohn Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:09 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Mike from MPCstuff isn't going to share manufacturer part numbers, the whole point is that he's done the research, sourced and tested compatible parts for you, guaranteed to work. I believe the Qlink sliders have to be manually customised to fit as there are no longer any off-the-shelf parts compatible. Hence the price he charges, you're effectively paying for a service. Over the years Mike has invested greatly in developing parts for the MPC community (many of which unfortunately barely sell); it's a very niche operation, not mass-market, and the pricing often reflects this.

If you were fixing these for a living I could understand the need to find a compatible part yourself, but as a one off purchase, $16+$20 worldwide shipping seems reasonable compared the hours researching (perhaps in vain) plus trial and error costs etc.

I mean I shot him an email and he said he doesn’t know because it came in some old denon stock which is obviously bullshit. I appreciate him don’t his thing but to lie to customers is disingenuous. I’d honestly rather do the trial and error and make the information publicly available rather than try to profit from it, because I’m not a dick. But that’s just like, my opinion man. I’ll post the part name online when I find it. It’s the users right to repair their own machine wherever they are in the world. The parts are like a dollar each and I don’t think the users should be forced to pay 20x that because some guy is the only option
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:20 pm
I think the real dicks in this story are Mouser, you can bet they only pay $0.05 each on their sliders, 30x profit margin going on there. Once we find out the part number we should contact Mouser and ask them if they'll tell us the name of the factory in China from where they source them from, cut out all the middle men.