Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By richie Sat May 19, 2018 2:35 am
Buy a SDHC to CF adapter for like $10 and then use any decent speed sdhc or microsd card in it. That is what I do and works fine and at the very least you're saving a lot of money doing it that way as it is easy to find a 64 gig memory card of a reputable brand for the $20 range.
By rrttdd Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:52 pm
Since the early 2000s I stay with Toshiba for CF cards. At this time I got my first MP3 player bundled with a cheap card. I was a little bit disappointed because of the short playing time of that device before the batteries got empty.

A few months later I read a review in a computer magazine testing cf cards. I found out that the card bundled with my player was one of the most power demanding cards on the market. According to the test, Toshiba cards were reasonably priced, had a reasonable data transfer rate and belonged to the most energy saving cards on the market!

I replaced the card of the player with Toshiba and the playing time doubled :)

CF cards have a quite smart memory controller inside. They act like a proper harddisk towards the interface. This memory controller can be optimised for performance or for energy saving. In the case of my old MP3 player for example, the cheap card was not optimised at all and the controller didn't support any power saving strategies. So the power consumption of CF cards can differ a lot. This could be an interesting fact for MPC 500 users which use the device with batteries...

My old digital camera is gone and I don't use the MP3 player anymore. Now, the 2 GB standard Toshiba CF card I bought some years ago moved into the MPC 500. No problems upto now. :)

Keep in mind that Toshiba, WesternDigital/Sandisk, Micron/Lexar or Samsung are manufacturers of flash memory on their own. Many other companies like walmart buy their cards from these manufacturers or from somewhere else and put their label on it.
By ThaContender Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:13 pm
Ok so I've tried two different RAM sticks now and neither work in my 1000. I think the first one was not PC133 but I know for a fact the second one purchased was exactly to spec. 256MB PC133 SODIMM from Computer Memory Solutions. I'm running JJOS 3.16 (the free one) and on the memory check it gets to 49% and then gives me the fail message followed by 88000000

Do I keep trying other brands of RAM or is it possible something is wrong with my sampler?

:Sigh:
By dsil303 Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:43 pm
I bought samsung 256mb PC133s, 133Mhz CL3 RAM for my MPC500.
The MPC boots up perfectly although it doesn't state the amount of ram installed on the bootscreen.

But after some time the screen stops showing characters. The MPC still works, but is unusable because of the screen.
When i go into record mode, it does show the 20+ minutes records time, but the screen stop showing characters failry quickly after goign into REC mode.

Does any body recognize these issues, I guess these problems are caused by incompatible RAM?
By stepcorrect Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:04 am
Hi! Just got my 1k. The A-Tech memory I got works fine (I think) It only shows I have 111MB instead of 128 though?

The Sandisk 32 MG I bought will not register of format in the unit. Of course I can't put anything on it without an adapter. Is that the general consensus? That it will work but just wont connect to a computer via the 1k, and needs and adapter?
By JEFFMAN90 Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:43 am
Hey guys I recently gotten an MPC 1000 that only has 16 MB of RAM and thinking of getting the 256MB PC133 SDRAM from a-tech.

However I've been seeing a lot of recent reviews from other MPC 1000 owners saying that after upgrading to this RAM their MPC 1000 won't boot up.

My question is should I still consider buying this RAM or should I buy one from another company?

Peace
By NearTao Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:42 pm
dumnone wrote:Has anyone tried wifi cf cards?

The MPC won’t be able to utilize the WiFi functionality, so I’m not sure there’s a good reason to use one unless you happen to have it lying around and just wanted it for storage.
By Nathanaelj83 Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:43 am
richie wrote:Buy a SDHC to CF adapter for like $10 and then use any decent speed sdhc or microsd card in it. That is what I do and works fine and at the very least you're saving a lot of money doing it that way as it is easy to find a 64 gig memory card of a reputable brand for the $20 range.

What brand of sd adapter do you use? I got a Kingston sd/sdxc/sdhc adapter and it keeps unmounting during sample loading. I even went out of the way reformat an 8gig SD as FAT16 4gb card... frustrated....
By richie Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:50 am
Nathanaelj83 wrote:What brand of sd adapter do you use? I got a Kingston sd/sdxc/sdhc adapter and it keeps unmounting during sample loading. I even went out of the way reformat an 8gig SD as FAT16 4gb card... frustrated....

I tried 64 gig cards from Kingston, Sandisk, A-Data and Samsung. Thankfully, I never had any unmounting problems when utilizing them with the SDHC to CF adapter in my MPC 1000.