Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By OverdubDave Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:48 am
I’m weighing up some options here and I wondered if u people could help me out.

I have a blue 1000 with jjos2xl at the moment, and yea I find it super easy to navigate on and I’d say I’m pretty used to using it now.

Its looking like I’m probably gonna have to change the pads over relatively soon because as you all probs know the blue ones have a pretty bad pad design and they’re starting to get more difficult to play :( . So I’m gonna have to buy the fat pad installation kit and I was also looking into this XLCD screen option which even tho it’s quite expensive for what it is, it looks like something that might be worthwhile? And then ofc, there’s simply other MPCs that I could use.

So anyways my question is, what would y’all say is more worth doing:

Pimping out my 1000 with the fat pads, XLCD Screen and JJOS, or just investing in a more expensive MPC like the renaissance?

Thanks for reading!
By Lampdog Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:40 am
Have you READ about the MPC Software in several threads here?
Ren is tied to a computer, it is not stand-alone. Cannot be run without computer being on. Ren is just a controller.
By Samp Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:45 am
Hi OverdubDave,

I advise you to buy the fat pads and also get the latest JJ OS.
I bought the fat pads kit in 2011, use my MPC (blue) almost everyday, and everything works perfectly :nod: .

Have a nice day !