Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By terry towelling Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:27 am
Wormhelmet wrote:Could easily be a mockup. I remember someone did a mockup pic of a Roland MV9000. No such beast planned or started as far as I know.

A lot more faith in Behringer to do an SP2400 than Roland to do anything their customers want though.

roland have always made what we all want. just because some people didn't score a jupiter, juno, 808 or D50 when the going was good is their shortcoming, not roland's.

an MV9000? pffft. the 8000 is perfect as it it.
By mr_debauch Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:03 am
terry towelling wrote:
an MV9000? pffft. the 8000 is perfect as it it.

while i can see your point, i think there are a few issues. First of all, great features... the hard disk record in mix mode work around.. the mastering suite... the pattern play, the bass synth stuff... the different sampler types with audio tracks or even the keygroup patches .. super powerful.

but a lot of the more powerful stuff came out later on in i believe 3.5... if the machine was designed to do all that stuff right out the gate instead of being frankensteined in there after the fact.. maybe it would have been a little less clunky. The loading times, the speed of using the machine in general just is not great. there is a bit of latency on the effects using the 3 knobs compared to let's say an sp-303.. the faders are crap quality.

They could totally do a new one with every feature in mind.. plan out the hardware well.. make it smooth, quick, easy to navigate and remember where every feature is located or how each feature is set up... and make the mastering suite fx usable outside of the mastering mode so we can try them out without bouncing the whole song in real time in mix mode (but keep mix mode for recording external synths being sequenced by the MV) stuff like that. It would be a great machine.... that may or may not sell well.
By saltmcgault Mon May 13, 2019 3:54 am
Lampdog wrote:But is it out right now? Not just pre-order? There is no “contact us” button on the webpage.

pre-order will be available in a week or so and they will be shipped sometime in the winter.
By mr_debauch Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:41 am
he did a long ass live stream infomercial with flux... talked about the physical design, mentioned sample length is determined by card size... usb host and client.. all outputs trackable via USB into a daw.. and 4 banks X 8 pads.

Wanna know what this machine can do before paying? Well he points to the SP-1200 and the RC-505 looping pedal and suggests the product is influenced by those. Not too many specifics beyond that as far as I could understand. You pretty much gotta dig through youtube intervuiews for any info if you plan on getting one.
By v00d00ppl Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:37 pm
peterpiper wrote:Killer feature:
Mains Powered 100-250V AC.

The SP-2400 is nothing short of a passion project.

If this is a passion project how much of a passion project is the SP clone project of LowHiss.

peace

Peter are you emphasizing that this machine is high voltage as something like a Rupert Neve Desings product? I’m lost with what you said. Peace