Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:13 pm

we don't do 50 sample snippets for sample submission here. 574X sent out a sample pack for beat battle. reading comprehension isn't always everybody's thing..
if y'all want sample packs to use then there is a circus of fluffing over on the not so stone page where you have a plethora of noises to use. Its like babysitting around here sometimes.

fortunately a salty friend of mine has uploaded a cpl samples for times like this.

Sample:https://www.dropbox.com/s/cb0x0muaho0uf98/Bill%20Withers%20-%20Let%20Me%20In%20Your%20Life.wav?dl=0

Rules:
Outside drums and bass ok
outside instruments ok
no accapellas
vocal drops ok
deck work welcome.

Since it took so long to get this up it will be a short week
beet still needs to be up by Tuesday night.

By Null Sweat Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:36 pm
Hey, I resent that statement. I can read but I'm just perma-stoned and I know I need a babysitter. But I want her...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
By 574X Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:18 pm
Yoooo how are you about to call me a baby when he’s high and I’m dumb and a baby, wtf.
What are you then, a cyberbully? Cyberbabysitter? I’ve got an open mind, you do you.

Yeah I figured Null had a track since I screwed up with these vetoed vinyl samples anyway, which I'm not afraid to do.

Always glad to learn a lesson, especially in the rare case that I play by someone else’s rules
By Core Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:02 pm
Yo! I'd like to apologize for the absence and the lack of communication, after signing up and joining the last battle. My time here is very limited. I'd still like to join in whenever I get a chance. I just got home and have a couple of hours spare time now, which should be enough to record a beat, but i'm not sure how much longer before the battle will close (Timezone differences).
By saltmcgault Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:19 pm
Core wrote:Yo! I'd like to apologize for the absence and the lack of communication, after signing up and joining the last battle. My time here is very limited. I'd still like to join in whenever I get a chance. I just got home and have a couple of hours spare time now, which should be enough to record a beat, but i'm not sure how much longer before the battle will close (Timezone differences).

Ususally you can submit your entry up until the vote thread is made. Sometimes its early Tuesday early morning to early afternoon central time. If I were you I'd try to pump something out and if the voting thread isn't up you should be good to go. That's how I've seen it in the past couple years. :smoker:

I really want a crack at this joint. I've been busy with life regardless of the battle or not I'm **** with this one. Cant wait to hear what you guys do bad thing is. I wont listen until I've flipped it or it will just **** with my mojo. :lol:
By Core Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:34 pm
Glad I got this one on vinyl. Turntable>MPC>Mixer>R2R. Freestyle. One take, recorded to 1/4 tape.

By saltmcgault Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:56 pm
Yeah I tried cleaning the record before recording into gaybleton but it didn't really help with the snap crackle pops.s orry about that hopefully y'all sampled it from a different source.
By Core Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:25 pm
It's fine. I don't mind the cracking or the sound quality. I'm just not comfortable sampling a digital source.
By saltmcgault Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:54 pm
Core wrote:It's fine. I don't mind the cracking or the sound quality. I'm just not comfortable sampling a digital source.

I don't blame you if I have it on wax I do the same.
By Null Sweat Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:44 pm
saltmcgault wrote:Yeah I tried cleaning the record before recording into gaybleton but it didn't really help with the snap crackle pops.s orry about that hopefully y'all sampled it from a different source.

I still keep Audacity installed for little tasks like this. It has a pop & click filter with a threshold adjustment that removes decibel spikes and leaves the grit in there. I don't have a turntable that plays 78's, it also converts audio from 33 -> 45 -> 78rpm without effecting the pitch or speed. Freeware for win, mac, and linux.

Core wrote:It's fine. I don't mind the cracking or the sound quality. I'm just not comfortable sampling a digital source.

It ain't OG, dawg, if you didn't drag cave women by their hair, skin sabertooth tigers and beat on some hollow logs to make it.
By Cockdiesel Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 am
this Battle is nuts. vibing with dez the most but yall getting glichty... great work guys.