Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

13%
13%
N/A
25%
50%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:03 pm
Ok it time to see what people did with this weeks sample

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 days, can the winner please send me or PK1
ONE sample/rules on Friday Afternoon/Evening for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

Granny David

574X

Dez perado

Core

Null Sweat

Good luck :smoker:
By Sodamnfresh Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:24 pm
Twas between Null and Granny for me.... Went with Null Sweat

Good job all round tho... Nice drums Core! Sample chopped nicely too :mrgreen:
By saltmcgault Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:38 pm
I narrowed this one down between dez and null. Dope entries.. ya'll creative use of the sample. I voted for Null this round you've been stepping up your game.
By Null Sweat Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:21 pm
Granny Dave- Smooth smooth! We used some of the same chops again.

574X - I like how you turned that slow track into chaos.

Dez - Always got some creative work. You found that 1 open bass note also.

Core - Chillin', man! Nice work lacing those strings/horn chops together.

Horbid Grotter wrote:Voted for Bill Withers. Who fortunately is still with us

Haha! I think Bill did better than any of us. If that old man did one more album before he was gone, it would phenomenal.

saltmcgault wrote:I narrowed this one down between dez and null. Dope entries.. ya'll creative use of the sample. I voted for Null this round you've been stepping up your game.

That sample was tougher than I thought it would be. At one point I had the chops playing 2 octaves above the bassline I made, it sounded like some shit Barbara Streisand would be singing on. Moms would be proud. :lol:

Voting for 574X because he flipped that dark, somber track into something hype.
By Core Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:26 pm
Ya'll did a great job. I had a difficult time picking a vote because I would normally judge on how a sample is flipped and how the mpc is put to work. This time however - not so much because of how he flipped the sample - I voted Granny David because imo that beat is the best end result sonically.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:11 pm
Dope flips by everyone but Null Sweat gets my vote :smoker:
By 574X Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:24 pm
Favorite sample sequence was Null's but I went with Core for the cool groove with that unique res kick that sounds like it was made with the mpc filter