Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

40%
N/A
20%
40%
N/A
N/A
By pk1 Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:27 pm

Lets check some beats. Not sure why psych had the battle date for so late. :hmmm: we do one week battles here. :nod:

Rules for the new guy..

Vote runs for two days.
we don't vote for self. Let others know what you thought of the tracks..
winner needs to have a sample and rules ready thursday night

574X

Core

Dez nyce

Null Sweat

MPCWeapon1

Quickstrike2.0

Good Luck
By Null Sweat Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:46 pm
Kinda interesting to see how everyone flipped the same parts. Dez and 57AX stood out the most. Went with 57AX.
By 574X Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:38 pm
Yooo this round was fire. Tight attitude in Core and Dez Nyce's beats. Dez Nyce most creative and diverse, Core most consistent and I love crispy tambourine hats, Null great compression and low end, the most hifi production, Quickstrike with the classic raw vibe, not much lows or mastering, 100% feel. Close call.

edit: MPCWeapon's beat didn't show up somehow
By Null Sweat Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:15 pm
Congrats, 57AX on 250! Hit us with some goods. No horn samples, please... I swear, the last 10 battles have been horny samples. :lol:
By 574X Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:07 pm
Thanks man, looks like you got as many votes, congrats. I sent pk1 some samples and rules.
By Null Sweat Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:11 am
Ah damn, I thought voting had ended. I'm over here starving...

By saltmcgault Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:52 am
damn i didn’t mean to **** shit up. i think you guys did an awesome job with the sample. that’s great song, dope drum break at the end other than that... wtf. :hmmm: but that’s just my salty ass opinion. i had something going it sounded like it coulda been on jock jams vol 3 but more like background music to a richard simmons workout tape. then the power went out in my apt. 50 **** apartments in this mfer and my shits the only one to go out.. with all kinds of mfers with gigantic air conditioners going in different windows. my apt is the one that goes out..... beeeeewwwwm all the sudden darkness. anyways great job flipping that sample guys. i voted for sweat because he was using that “ hey” that was in that drumbreak like i was but i was wearing it out. lol plus that bassline. let’s bring a sample in that us beat heads can really freak.
By 574X Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:10 am
Null go for it dawg, you got a track? I gave him two minutes of vinyl samples with solid drums n piano n strings etc but he just wants a track and I don't have too many records, I stick to small chops on my own time, so you do you.
By 574X Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:53 am
Salt, did you trip the circuit breaker? The power went out a split second the other day and it takes a half hour to boot back up the mpc since all my disks went bad. :lol: Now I barely name or trim in the mpc, I just sample close to perfect, put it straight on a pad, params, bang out a beat and bounce. Making music fast is legit anyway, while it's fresh
By Null Sweat Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:13 pm
574X wrote:Null go for it dawg, you got a track? I gave him two minutes of vinyl samples with solid drums n piano n strings etc but he just wants a track and I don't have too many records, I stick to small chops on my own time, so you do you.

Aww shit. I didn't get anything ready since I thought you had it. Yeah, we went to posting 1 track a couple months ago, so we don't have to scrub through 20 mins of shit and it keeps the entries more comparable. I'm cool with whatever though. Multiple tracks, snippets, sample packs... **** it, feed it to the machines and see what happens.
By saltmcgault Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:41 am
574X wrote:Salt, did you trip the circuit breaker? The power went out a split second the other day and it takes a half hour to boot back up the mpc since all my disks went bad. :lol: Now I barely name or trim in the mpc, I just sample close to perfect, put it straight on a pad, params, bang out a beat and bounce. Making music fast is legit anyway, while it's fresh

idk. the electricity to my apt is **** up. the building is old as **** it used to be a brothel/bootleg tunnel point.. it would run all across downtown here. either way i’m not in the best mood jammin out slapping pads and then everything disappears. it happens to the best of us.
By saltmcgault Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:12 am
saltmcgault wrote:
574X wrote:Salt, did you trip the circuit breaker? The power went out a split second the other day and it takes a half hour to boot back up the mpc since all my disks went bad. :lol: Now I barely name or trim in the mpc, I just sample close to perfect, put it straight on a pad, params, bang out a beat and bounce. Making music fast is legit anyway, while it's fresh

idk. the electricity to my apt is **** up. the building is old as **** it used to be a brothel/bootleg tunnel point ran by al capone it would run all across downtown here. either way i’m not in the best mood jammin out slapping pads and then everything disappears. it happens to the best of us.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:18 pm
pk1 wrote:
Lets check some beats. Not sure why psych had the battle date for so late. :hmmm: we do one week battles here. :nod:

Reckon you should fire him as he hasn't got a **** clue, someone check he's facing the right direction :lol:
By pk1 Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:20 pm
:lol: