MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By odeed Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:17 pm
So I downloaded the Premier Pack from AKAI which includes the AIEP3 VST's in it. Set them up, and made them active with ILok. They show up in the VIP program, but not on my Renaissance. I go to edit, preferences, Plugins, and search for them in my Steinberg, VST, and ILok folders and they are not there. (I checked in both Program and Program(x86)
I am running Windows Professional 7 64bit.
I tried on the Ren with software 1.9.6 and 2.4.

Help please. :?
By Monotremata Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:35 pm
Im not using any of that AIR stuff except what's in the MPC but is it possible it installed it to its own spot and not in the regular /VST folders???

It might have its own like /Program Files/AKAI Premier Pack folder or something and they could be in there?
By odeed Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:30 pm
Monotremata wrote:Im not using any of that AIR stuff except what's in the MPC but is it possible it installed it to its own spot and not in the regular /VST folders???

It might have its own like /Program Files/AKAI Premier Pack folder or something and they could be in there?

Yeah I thought maybe that was the issue as well. But I checked the path when I installed them and they went to the program/Steinberg/VST folder. That is also where I found them to get them to work in the MPC VIP program. I just can't get my Renaissance to recognize them.

Btw, thanks for all of your help lately. 8)
By odeed Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:55 pm
OK I figured it out. (Silly fix)
I was double clicking INTO the actual folders themselves. I guess I needed to single click so it highlights the folder from the outside. If that makes any sense. :lol:
By Monotremata Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 am
No worries man that's why were here hah. I get ya, the Mac is funny like that sometimes too when you select locations for apps heh. Sometimes you can just click the folder and it'll select it, sometimes it selects the root and you actually have to be in a folder to select it. Im kinda glad I stopped using VSTs all those years ago. I forgot what a nightmare they can be since it lets you use them all from over the place.
By odeed Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:25 pm
I've made music for 20 years and have basically been almost all hardware, not VST's, no midi, and no DAW. I recently decided to incorporate it all and it has been nothing but a pain.
I'm about to go buy an MPC60 and a cassette deck. And throw my computer out the window. :lol:
By Monotremata Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:10 pm
odeed wrote:I'm about to go buy an MPC60 and a cassette deck. And throw my computer out the window. :lol:

I came from 'analog' to digital and nowadays I wanna go back about 25 years too haha. Im planning on getting an MPC Live to move to from the software, but even then I was still up looking at MPC5000s and 2500s on Reverb last night before I passed out hehe. I still got my Tascam in the closet, I actually got stuff DONE when I only had those four tracks and nothing else. It sounds like crap now but it was productive! :smoker: