Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By BassGuy Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:38 pm
If you have a legit copy of the software that came with the Ren, will you be able
to use the software without the Ren? Thanks.
By quietizkept Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:06 am
Use it, yes, but it will suck. 2.something implemented midi mapping which is a bit better but man do I need my hardware buttons for efficiency.
By Monotremata Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:35 am
Yeah I dont know, if you're used to using the Ren it'll probably be slower but you'll get over it. I started with just the software and saw after like 2 days with it how the hardware could make it zip around faster and bought a Studio right away. I used it with an MPD at first and the pads were cool for playing but they didnt move around like the Studio does when you switch modes, plus I didnt have any of the buttons to jump to the features right away. And OMG that scroll wheel makes trimming samples soooooooooooooooo quick!!!! I cant live without it now, I even use it as an audio editor when I need to cut stuff up hehe.
By dryad-66 Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:00 am
I use the software on its own but yearhit misses the hardware.So got a cheap Ren in the post.Looking forward to hooking it up.OS 2.5.Dunno if i will be using the lil blue screen much tho.

I think i will have a lot of fun with those q links too..... Seems like a solid piece of gear.
By Monotremata Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:29 pm
The Ren's screen is bigger than the Studios isn't it? I didnt think I would have much use for it but I actually do use it alot. If the Studio worked standalone, I could probably get around without the display attached pretty easy already. Of course, we have to use the display for the actual sequencer (no grid on here), and using both makes loop trimming pretty quick. I kinda wish I had gotten a Ren now. Im making myself use the Qlinks now, and it would be awesome to have all 16 right there. Would be better on the right hand side though with the transport section in the middle hah. Spent a good 12 hours working in the software yesterday, the more I do the more I cant wait to upgrade to the Live.