Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Slang Gemz Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:55 pm
Hey guys so i recently purchased a second hand 2500 from a local website, buyer said it was in good working order but on arrival i turned it on ( with correct power cable ) and only got power to the screen it didnt load the splash screen and none of the other buttons lit up when pressed. It came with extra ram , HD and CD drive so i opened it up and took the ram out booted it same issue so then booted with the cd drive disconnected it then loaded but the screen had some weird issues where numbers werent showing correctly and it looked like parts of the screen were over lapping each other, managed to access the load screen via the pads no issue and i could preview a sound on the HD before loading but when assigned to a pad i got no sound playback. So then i disabled the HD , CD drive and ram same issues continued SOOOO my question is after that essay, is my mpc worth saving or chase the seller up for a refund ? this seems like some massive hardware issue to me but im no expert haha.

Thanks yall :)
By saltmcgault Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:01 am
try reinstalling the OS.
By JUKE 179r Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 am
saltmcgault wrote:try reinstalling the OS.

And let the seller know ASAP that the 2500 doesn't work properly.
By Slang Gemz Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:39 am
JUKE 179r wrote:

And let the seller know ASAP that the 2500 doesn't work properly.

So it's dead then ?? Have informed the seller but he's claiming it worked clearly he didn't test it before sending so getting this refund is going to be a damn chore :(
By Slang Gemz Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:50 am

Also how do I go about re installation of the OS just back to factory ? Is it on the HD or in the flash memory of the unit itself ?

Thanks
By JUKE 179r Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:07 am
Try and do a factory reset...
Akai MPC2500 Operator's Manual, page 115, wrote:Initialize to Factory Preset

Various Sample and Sequence settings can be saved to Compact Flash when the file is saved. The global settings found in the MPC2500 (listed below) are saved to the internal Flash Memory and stored when the MPC2500 is turned off. You can re-initialize the Factory Preset settings using the following procedure.

01. Turn the MPC2500 on while holding the [ERASE] key.
02. Release the [ERASE] key after the display shows [MPC2500 (##MB installed)].

Now the MPC2500 is reset to the Factory Preset settings.

The following global settings are stored in the MPC2500 :

Timing Correct (Note value, Swing%)
Click/Metronome (Count in, Rate, In play, In rec)
Step Edit Options (Auto step increment, Duration of recorded notes)
Active track receive channel
Soft thru
Sync in
Sync out
Master level
Sustain pedal to duration
Truncate duration
Tap average
Footswitch 1
Footswitch 2
Autoload
LCD contrast

Or reinstall the OS v1.25 form AKAI... https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/download/file/438/product/75/
By Slang Gemz Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:22 am
Tried the factory reset same results, so can i only re install the OS off a cf card ? or could i possibly load it off the HD installed ? i Tried doing the turn the power on while holding window button but the screen just went blank again until turned it off and on again, im guessing there is no OS saved on the HD.
By saltmcgault Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:08 pm
Slang Gemz wrote:Tried the factory reset same results, so can i only re install the OS off a cf card ? or could i possibly load it off the HD installed ? i Tried doing the turn the power on while holding window button but the screen just went blank again until turned it off and on again, im guessing there is no OS saved on the HD.

Yes you can install it via cf card. I would connect your MPC to your computer via usb a folder will pop up "MPC2500". Download the OS version Juke mentioned from the link he provided and drag it to the MPC2500 folder. Load that OS from your HD.