Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By tapedeck Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:11 pm
"You cannot make another post so soon after your last. "

this restricton is killing me - what is the limit, like 10 minutes? i answer a private message, then i cant post a reply to another topic.

couldn't this restriction maybe just be put in place for new users / abusive users?

i understand its probably a plugin and likely not very tweakable, but just had to say something - been killing the forum for me and i just haven't even be replying half the time.

thanks

edit - as soon as i hit post:
"You cannot make another post so soon after your last. " foiled again!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
By tapedeck Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:08 pm
tapedeck wrote:couldn't this restriction maybe just be put in place for new users / abusive users?

on that note - haven't really seen too many 'abusive users' lately.
maybe the restriction is working?
maybe i'm not visiting the right forums?
maybe its just died down...
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:49 pm
No abusive users as all first posts need to be approved by me, so I'm able to catch 99.9% of spammers. Very time consuming but it keeps things quiet for you guys. I had that posting flood limit put in when we were getting some of the bots posting up 30 or 40 posts at a time, but I'll get that removed as we won't need it anymore.
By Lampdog Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 pm
It’s a trade-off. Spam is reduced but members gotta wait a little while to post.
I’ve noticed when I edit my own shortly after there is no wait.
By Bezo Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:44 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:No abusive users as all first posts need to be approved by me, so I'm able to catch 99.9% of spammers. Very time consuming but it keeps things quiet for you guys. I had that posting flood limit put in when we were getting some of the bots posting up 30 or 40 posts at a time, but I'll get that removed as we won't need it anymore.
Has this been removed? I just got the "You cannot make another post so soon after your last." dialog.

If you changed your mind, what's the time limit?
By JUKE 179r Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:00 am
In my old age and I can definitely wait longer than 10 minutes to repost. No biggie... baby baybeh...