Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Gribs Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:43 pm
Hi, I am new here. I bought a Force and am learning to use it. I have been around the electronic music world for a while (as a hobby not a job) but this is my first foray away from the Elektron and Synthstrom world into the MPC world. My real occupation is as an optical design engineer at one of the "big four" tech companies.

I noticed the MPC Software that Akai now sells. I am not particularly interested in having another DAW (have Bitwig, Live, Cubase). Also, I bought my Force to work OTB, sequence and interact with my other synths and modular stuff, but I wonder if the software helps in some way. Is it worth buying?

Do you think that Akai will provide an upgrade path to the MPC Software for registered Force owners at some time?
By Gribs Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:25 pm
kaydigi wrote:You don’t need the software unless you want to export expansions and make drum kits to load on the force.

As of now the force does not work with the software in any other capacity. It’s a another coming later feature.

That is something I would like to do.

Incidentally, JRRShop.com has the Premier version on sale for $129 and the normal version on sale for $69 right now. I figured the premier version is worth the money because it includes a lot of plugins that I don’t have and a lot of expansions.
By kaydigi Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:48 pm
Gribs wrote:
kaydigi wrote:You don’t need the software unless you want to export expansions and make drum kits to load on the force.

As of now the force does not work with the software in any other capacity. It’s a another coming later feature.

That is something I would like to do.

Incidentally, JRRShop.com has the Premier version on sale for $129 and the normal version on sale for $69 right now. I figured the premier version is worth the money because it includes a lot of plugins that I don’t have and a lot of expansions.

Don’t forget coupon code group16.
By kaydigi Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:38 pm
J-Fly wrote:Unfortunately there is no MPC software integration with the soon to be released 3.03 firmware update. :Sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3IfghJ ... ploademail

Yeah bizarre handling of the force, you’re going to be waiting forever to get the features that was shown at winter namm. I’m going to return mine.
By Gribs Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:37 pm
kaydigi wrote:Don’t forget coupon code group16.

Sadly, the product is not eligible for any coupon codes. :'(

There is a lot of content. I am having some issues with my home network... probably linked to my kids downloading constantly and gaming all day during the summer. Honestly I don't know if I will ever install the sample-based Air instruments, but I downloaded everything onto a backup drive and installed Loom, Vacuum Pro, Hybrid, and Transfuser.
By kaydigi Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:33 am
Gribs wrote:
kaydigi wrote:Don’t forget coupon code group16.

Sadly, the product is not eligible for any coupon codes. :'(

There is a lot of content. I am having some issues with my home network... probably linked to my kids downloading constantly and gaming all day during the summer. Honestly I don't know if I will ever install the sample-based Air instruments, but I downloaded everything onto a backup drive and installed Loom, Vacuum Pro, Hybrid, and Transfuser.

Hybrid is also baked into the MPC software, you'll install it no matter what.
By CFM01 Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:27 pm
I see lots of people ask this question.

I think it comes with misunderstanding of the what the product is... the Force is not a MPC. Yes, it shares a lot of the features of MPC X and Live so that’s where the confusion starts. It is however a standalone machine not designed to interface with MPC software. I’m unsure we will see MPC software integrated into Force considering the better solution now what be to export into Ableton Live.
By TreHolla Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 pm
but doesn't it seem like it would be something that would be included with the Force at this point? is there no software integration at all?

the goal is to have a standalone hybrid isn't it? a standalone device that has great software integration.

i should be able to open up a project on mpc software and it be compatible with the mpc x/live or the force. even though they might be different.

basically mpc software should be designed to open and work with either, or, or possibly both the force and the x.