Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By BLOKBEATZ Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:09 pm
i cant figure out what is the problem with my Q link Slider PCB Board.

From my PCB Board the 4 "After" bottons and the "Erase" and "Note Repeat" do not respond.
The 2 "Sliders" and the 2 "Rotary knobs" works fine.

I read on the internet that sometimes the knobs are dead and you can solder them, so i uplugged the PCB Board and took it with me to an electronic shop.
The guy who was working over there, checked the solder knobs with a device and said, i works fine, so it he said it must be somewhere else in de machine.

I am confused how to solve this,

i there something else broke in mpc that directs this PCB board or is the PCB board itself not working ok.

Please advise.
By JUKE 179r Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:48 am
How did the electrician check the buttons? Continuity check? I'm only guessing here but that'll only tell you that the buttons aren't bad and no broken traces if he didn't turn it on and put it to full use.
I haven't taken apart a 2500 before but it sounds like the PCB board isn't fully connected to the main circuit board.
Recheck all the circuit board connections to make sure they are fully inserted.

think there is self check to check all the buttons, pads and sliders.
By BLOKBEATZ Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:30 pm
I fixed it! the top wirecable, the one that is connected to the right pcb board was like folded in half, which caused the problem, i try to unfold it and now it works, so thanks for the tip where to look!!! much appreciated.
By TrainWreckT Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:33 pm
Anybody have any tips on what to grease the slider beds with during refurbing. They were really gritty on a 2500 im fixing up, its been heavily cleaned and ive sprayed the crap out of the sliders with electronics cleaning spray, but i just wanted to lube them up a bit, they function fine atm, i just wanted to get them slick and sliding like new.
By JUKE 179r Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:48 pm
Whatever you do, don't use WD-40!!!!! lol
Use some DeOxit F5 or F100 fader lube and cleaner.
By TrainWreckT Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:56 pm
I actually did use WD40, but not the regular stuff you use for sqeaky gate hinges or bike chains etc, it was the electronics formula, actually used it for years to clean up moving parts on electronics, guitar amp pots, quarter inch jacks, plugs, drills, angle grinders etc.. I think its basically the same as DeOxit.

I was wondering what i could use to lube up the sliders, a silicon based formula or not, some greases and sprays can eat rubber and stuff, so i am just being careful by asking first. I figure silicon being conductive would be a bad idea to use a silicon based lube on the sliders. So im presuming i need a non silicon based lubrication.
By saltmcgault Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:05 pm
TrainWreckT wrote:I actually did use WD40, but not the regular stuff you use for sqeaky gate hinges or bike chains etc, it was the electronics formula, actually used it for years to clean up moving parts on electronics, guitar amp pots, quarter inch jacks, plugs, drills, angle grinders etc.. I think its basically the same as DeOxit.

I was wondering what i could use to lube up the sliders, a silicon based formula or not, some greases and sprays can eat rubber and stuff, so i am just being careful by asking first. I figure silicon being conductive would be a bad idea to use a silicon based lube on the sliders. So im presuming i need a non silicon based lubrication.

I bought the dexoit f5 to clean and LUBE the volume knobs and q link sliders. It works great 2 in 1!!