MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:18 pm
Nice sociological experiment from Akai.
You announce an update and then you disappear to see people reaction.
The first result is: people start to talk about nosense to let the time goes.
By Menco Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:54 pm
Frisbi wrote:Nice sociological experiment from Akai.

This reminds me...

During the crisis a couple of years ago I was working in a gym that was just a few months away from bankruptcy. Trying to boost the sales numbers and to please the members (preventing them to unscribe) the owners of the gym bought this crappy ass crosstrainer bike that was totally useless. Wrapped it up in paper so no one could see what it actually was and put it on display between the rest of the cardio machines, announcing to everyone it would be revealed in 5 days. Speculation began, people started to talk, people brought in friends as new members. Great **** marketing stunt. When the day came to unwrap the machine everybody went crazy out of excitement that had been building up the few days before.

End of the day, few weeks later the magic around the crosstrainer bike faded out and they fired my ass (under favorable terms and conditions) cause they couldn’t pay my salary anymore.
Bymember04959388 Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:41 pm
Menco wrote:

This reminds me...

During the crisis a couple of years ago I was working in a gym that was just a few months away from bankruptcy. Trying to boost the sales numbers and to please the members (preventing them to unscribe) the owners of the gym bought this crappy ass crosstrainer bike that was totally useless. Wrapped it up in paper so no one could see what it actually was and put it on display between the rest of the cardio machines, announcing to everyone it would be revealed in 5 days. Speculation began, people started to talk, people brought in friends as new members. Great **** marketing stunt. When the day came to unwrap the machine everybody went crazy out of excitement that had been building up the few days before.

End of the day, few weeks later the magic around the crosstrainer bike faded out and they fired my ass (under favorable terms and conditions) cause they couldn’t pay my salary anymore.

Ahah nice story.
But after last three updates, Akai spoiled us, isn't it?
Everybody waiting for some new scifi features now.
I don't think Akai is in bankruptcy, at least I hope so :)
By EnochLight Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:50 am

Indeed. Especially back biting and groins for some, it would seem. :lol: ( @Icepulse - jk! <3 )

Certified Beatz wrote:They said 7 days to Monday it will drop..

Yeah, I'm hoping that Ring reference was exactly that. We'll see...
By Menco Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:40 am
Frisbi wrote:Ahah nice story.
But after last three updates, Akai spoiled us, isn't it?
Everybody waiting for some new scifi features now.
I don't think Akai is in bankruptcy, at least I hope so :)

I don’t think Akai is in bankruptcy either. Just another example how a teaser/ trailer can blow up things, making them look bigger than they actually are. Nice marketing trick based on social studies and experiments.
By Monotremata Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:03 am
Very possible. They still haven't said anything about a new software update either. Maybe they royally fkd something up in that so they're keeping quiet until they can fix it and not have to advertise features they can't pull off (like the Force hah).

I wouldn't put it past them. Its obvious these devs haven't been at this very long the way this whole product line has been handled heh.
By zangetsu01 Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:24 am
I think they are trying to hype the release.. (It’s nonesense).. It aint IOS..

The new features won’t lure in any new potential custumors..

Could be that the firmware is ready but the software isn’t..
By EnochLight Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:53 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:The new features won’t lure in any new potential custumors..

That's not accurate. I am one of those new customers that bought their first MPC (first the Touch, then the Live) because of the point updates. It's very likely my situation is not unique.
By zangetsu01 Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:13 pm
EnochLight wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:The new features won’t lure in any new potential custumors..

That's not accurate. I am one of those new customers that bought their first MPC (first the Touch, then the Live) because of the point updates. It's very likely my situation is not unique.

It might not be unique.. But I'm talking about this update specifically.. People won't start running to get a new MPC because of these features.. It's basic functionality that should have been there from the very begining..