Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By workmagic Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:48 am
I've been getting the itch lately to try out the MPC software. Not sure if I will or not but if I would I think I'd get the Studio because its the cheapest. I'm wondering if it is being phased out or becoming obsolete with the new software. I understand it will have restrictions due to it being the smallest controller. But is buying the Studio a mistake at this point? Thanks for any answers
By Monotremata Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:22 am
The only restrictions it has is it HAS to have the software to work, and there's no audio interface to it. I highly doubt Akai is phasing it out any time soon, not everyone is going to buy the Live or X, and the Studio and Renaissance (which is gone now) seemed to have been a pretty popular entry level MPC for people that never had one before. I just got mine in May.

Dont see how the software would make it obsolete, the two were made for one another, and they would be dumb to kill it I think. Sure mouse clicks are fun, but once you learn the Studio, you can work alot quicker on it then you can staring at the computer.
By workmagic Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:03 pm
Thanks for the reply. I guess when I say phase out I mean the software grows so that there is more and more mouse clicking instead of using the controller. I guess that is only natural though as the software evolves.

And I'm not looking for stand alone so having to be connected to the software isn't an issue for me.
By Monotremata Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:43 pm
Thats a possibility but they'll work around it somehow. They've already renamed and moved a couple things here and there since it was released so you just have to make sure you're keeping up with those 'whats new' notes every time a new one comes out haha. So far, there's really nothing thats gotten in the way. All the buttons on the Studio still do what theyre supposed to do so far. Except for a few things here and there (think the loop crossfades can only be set in the software for one), I can pretty much run through the whole thing without looking at the monitor now, even down to editing start/loop points on the tiny display. I always wondered how people did that on the MPC2000 but its really not that bad at all once you do it.
By workmagic Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:52 pm
Monotremata wrote:Thats a possibility but they'll work around it somehow. They've already renamed and moved a couple things here and there since it was released so you just have to make sure you're keeping up with those 'whats new' notes every time a new one comes out haha. So far, there's really nothing thats gotten in the way. All the buttons on the Studio still do what theyre supposed to do so far. Except for a few things here and there (think the loop crossfades can only be set in the software for one), I can pretty much run through the whole thing without looking at the monitor now, even down to editing start/loop points on the tiny display. I always wondered how people did that on the MPC2000 but its really not that bad at all once you do it.

thanks for the words. still on the fence about it but youve reassured me ill be ok with the studio