MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By sheadstedford Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:44 pm
Hi Guys, Just wondering if it is possible to save custom PAd Scene Q link assignments/setting to a project or even better as default?
Currently i am having to reset the pad scene Q Link assignments to my prefered layout every time i open a new project .
I know i could just learn what is already there as the default but it would be great to have my own setting saved whenever i turn it on.......
By Koldunya Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:05 pm
I changed some things and saved the project as a template, and Q Link settings were not saved with it. Bummer (and hopefully just overlooked by Akai...). Make this a feature request?

**edit** to be clear, it saved *some* things but only the default settings for the knobs. Like, if I changed send 1, 2, etc to a value and checked it to return to that, it would save the value, but NOT the setting to return to that when you move the knob. and it also did not save any changes to the parameters themselves, ie, if you change send 4 to Filter Env Decay, it would be Send 4 next time the project is loaded.

that's a pretty big fail, imo.
Last edited by Koldunya on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By sheadstedford Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:17 pm
yes exactly! i set up my Pad Scene settings exactly how i wanted them and was getting used to it all day then opened the session up again expecting the settings to have been saved.......so as i said now as i open a project (old or new) i have to reconfigure the settings every time
Bymember04959388 Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:32 pm
Maybe you can record a project with qlinks assigned in project mode and then use it as a starting point for new projects.
Does it make sense?
By sheadstedford Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:59 pm
So ive been on to the support guys and they said it should just save as long as you save the settings in the user template. I did this and it didnt work so i sent them a video of the process they told me to go through and now they are just as stumped as me! They are going to get back to me asap with a solution which is cool!
By biggir Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:59 pm
Hello, I have the same need as you.
Have you found a solution?
Thank you

DJFIST wrote:w, AKAI has acknowledge this as a bug so should be fixed in