Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By CROOKEDCLASSIC Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:06 am
So I was doing a bit of research into these old screens in hopes of avoiding that MPCStuff purchase for as long as I can haha, and what I found actually blew my mind. A lot of you DIYers might already know this stuff but I never knew how good you can get an old burnt LCD looking.

I stumbled across some videos of guys restoring old GameBoys and stuff on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgVgu5Suw44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYaFlshF7Qc&t=640s

I decided to see what I could do with my totally burnt MPC 2000 screen and it turned out so good.
The top layer of the LCD is a plastic polarizing filter which, at least in my case and some of these videos I've watched, is where nearly all of the discoloration problem seems to occur.

I peeled the filter off with a razor blade and after a lot of effort removing adhesive and of the burnt crystallized stuff I put it back together and it looks great. I didn't even use a new polarizing filter, just polished up the old one. Also, when I put the filter back in I put it upside down and instead of the orange/purple color they go it comes up a much lighter green/blue and the contrast is WAY better.

Not much help for any dead pixels or those lines but I was seriously amazed by how much of a difference it made.

I just thought I'd make a post since I hadn't really come across much online in terms of repairing your own screen. For any of you guys looking for ways to deal with the 2k screen dilemma I'd definitely recommend having a go at restoring the old one yourself before you go and spend all that money on a replacement.

Peace!
By JUKE 179r Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:02 am
Pics or it didn’t happen. Lol
By CharlesRandolph Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:30 am
At the date of this post: The MPC 2000 is 22 year old and the MPC 2000XL is 19 year old. Stop being cheap and spend the $169.00 for a brand new LCD. Now, If you don't have the money, go outside, collect cans and bottles, recycle them, and use the money for a new screen. :Sigh: