MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By optik415 Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:08 pm
I decided to go back to the software after doing everything in standalone this whole year and I noticed that the default sampler setting is set to Mono. I have to change it to stereo everytime, Why is it doing this? It wasn't like this before and its really annoying that I have to change it everytime. Anyone else experiencing this? Looks like I gotta make a template now. I like to have a fast workflow and this is not helping
By optik415 Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:45 pm
Just made a template with stereo sampling, loaded it and it's goes back to Mono. Also the software says stereo in default but the live controller says mono but when you record it comes out to Mono. This makes no sense to me, Guess I gotta change it everytime I sample now
By Lampdog Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:17 pm
Even when you set a template?!

It should do wtf you tell it to do at that point.
By optik415 Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:31 am
Lampdog wrote:Even when you set a template?!

It should do wtf you tell it to do at that point.

Believe it or not yes! Mono is the default setting in sampler mode. I have everything set up correctly. I thought the template would do the trick but no matter what you have to change it to stereo everytime you fire up the software. I'm back to standalone now, This is kinda ridiculous to be honest. Everytime I go back to the software something that doesn't make sense always happens :lol:
By Monotremata Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:35 am
I just opened mine up, this is with the Mac's built in line input my MOTU is off even.. Default song, or rather whatever pops up when you open the software, I haven't saved an actual default yet.

Mine always opens in stereo, it irritates me because Im usually sampling something like my Microbrute I want in mono every single time.
By SILIS101 Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:30 pm
I can confirm, my template loads in mono on the sample screen now since 2.6 update.
By optik415 Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:06 pm
SILIS101 wrote:I can confirm, my template loads in mono on the sample screen now since 2.6 update.

Wow! That's weird. Why Akai, why?
By Monotremata Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:53 pm
Lampdog wrote:Maybe Monotremata is not using 2.6?

No way, I grabbed that installer the second it was available hahaha. I didnt get mine until towards the end of May so Ive been on 2.5 since the start thank god! :D

Yeah I dont know, I checked and apparently I DO have a 'default.xpj' template I made but I dont remember ever setting anything in regards to sampling (and I dont think the autoload song is actually loading because of the audio/midi assignments never sticking even when I have all my gear on). The only things I set up in the autoload song were the audio I/O to my MOTU, the sample rate to 48k and the buffer to 64 samples. That reminds me I need to remove that anyways. The MPC is stupid in that if you make an autoload/template and start a song with it, when you hit save, it overwrites the damn template itself and doesn't ask you what to save it as because its already got a filename! I had to lock it in the Finder to make sure it doesn't do it again because I got tired of recreating it heh.

EDIT: Just checked after I posted. Removed the template and autoload files so there is nothing opening (I guess they WERE working because now the MPC60 Vintage Mode setting is off again), closed and reopened the MPC, yep still opening in Stereo in the Sampler.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:35 pm
For me the sampler screen remembers the settings used in the previous application session. So if I set to 'stereo' inputs (e.g. 'input 1,2') and 'stereo' output, close the app and restart, that's the settings that are already there in the 'Sampler' mode. I believe this is intended, and those last used recording settings are specifically stored in the 'MPC.settings' file (which remembers all your preferences and previous 'states').

If that isn't being saved, it might indicate that your settings file is corrupt. Does the application remember any other settings, such as any non-default preferences you might have set (try adding a browser shortcut and see if it's still there next time you boot the app).
By Monotremata Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:11 pm
Ahh well that explains that! The last thing I sampled was the Korg M1 audio unit's Waterphone patch in stereo so thats why it stuck! Everything before that was my Microbrute basslines so it was always mono hehe.

I gotta go check out the settings file now, had no clue where that was (is it in the ~/App Support folder??). Most of my settings in the prefs have never changed once I set them (except the Audio/MIDI because sometimes I turn on the rack of gear to work), the only one I can think of I have to set every single time I start a new song is the Vintage Mode. For whatever reason that setting has never stuck from day 1 but maybe thats how its supposed to be??? My autoload song has it saved at least, but the audio/midi never sticks from session to session no matter what equipment is on. My Autoload.xpj was made with my MOTU and AMT 8 on and all 4 MIDI outputs were set as well as I/O and buffer settings. The only consistent thing there is the buffer settings and sample rate always stick. When I opened the prefs to remove the Autoload earlier, it wasnt even set to record 24 bit anymore (but bounce was still set to 24??).
By Monotremata Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:24 pm
Lampdog wrote:Tutor to the rescue. Again.

I haven't gotten the MPC Bible yet but damn I STILL use that tutorial for chopping loops as my guideline every time haha. :worthy:

I can't find any specific settings files other than the one on the preferences folder and the 'last project' thing in the ~/App Support folder. Neither one had anything recognizable that related to any of the settings though?? It was the typical code gibberish but the readable parts were just directory info. Each one was only like 2 lines, didnt look like there was anything about the settings. The preferences file looks like it only has a setting for the last directory in your Browser, and whether its open or not. For whatever reason mine says ~/Documents even though none of my folders even have that shortcut and I never use that directory heh. My MPC folder there is even a shortcut to /Audio Drive/MPC