Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By amenbr02 Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:20 am
Sounds like the same issue I'm having. With the exception that thus far could never get scsi2sd to be recognized by my mpc3000.

mpc3000:
Vallixi
Previously used a internal zip without issue.
internal settings set to: multi sector transfer mode: off

scsi2sd:
v5
can connect via usb and change settings. all listed within this thread were tried
can see the activity light flash when mpc3000 is scanning hd
tried multiple sd cards

Not really sure what else to try?
By Spod Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:27 am
I've got a 5.5 scsi2sd external enclosure that connects directly to the scsi output on the 3000 and the 3000 can't see the drive. Any specific way you need to set up the scsi2sd utility?

- I formatted the scsi2sd in 700mb
- have enable scsi terminator ticked
- start up delay is 0

Do I need to power it? There' no option outside a usb cable.
Do I need to preformat the sd card?
By JUKE 179r Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:52 pm
Normally the 50-pin SCSI ribbon cable powers the internally mounted SCSI2SD card reader. It may not connect power to it through the MPC3000's 25-pin external SCSI connector. Dunno....
Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.
By vout Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:59 pm
The 3K should have termination power on the external connector. You can easily check with a meter - there should be 5v on pin 25 of the connector. My 3K works great with SCSI2SD V5.1 (internal or external connection) but I have not tried the new V5.5 (but theres one on the way so I will soon). It is supposed to be compatibe with all samplers.
By JUKE 179r Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:59 am
The description says "No cables necessary".
It looks like it's powered via the SCSI DB25 connection.
By TrakLite070777 Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:31 am
JUKE 179r wrote:Here’s the pix of the SCSI2SD util on my Mac for my 3000LE’s internal SCSI2SD with a 2GB SD card.
Hope this helps others...

Peace. Did you set all the "Device" sizes to 2gb on that 2gb SD card?
By JUKE 179r Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:51 pm
Yes. I believe I did set it to 2GB.
By olivr Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:36 pm
Has someone with an unrecognized 5.1 SCSI2SD made progress ?

I have an Artmix Stratos dual SCSI adaptor (That works when connecting a ZIP100 through it).

Can a successful user of a 5.1 SCSI2SD share the brand and make of their SD cards ?

Also interested in the revision number displayed in your scsi-util revision field...

Cheers
By kraftywerk Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:20 pm
I haven't used my MPC in years in any real capacity (besides occasionally doing a bassline or some isolated drums) because I could never get SCSI2SD to work. I mean, not just that - I also own a load of killer drum machines and samplers and keys. But trying over and over left me feeling defeated and I just kind of avoided the machine. I feel like I tried everything; different firmware; different settings, including everything Sir Juke's setup has; going back and forth with Michael McMaster (SCSI2SD) testing, new firmware, slow mode, logging everything and sending it back and forth; external, internal, different cables; different SD cards. SCSI2SD works fine on my S3000XL...so I don't think it's the card itself.

It left me feeling defeated. But I feel like I'm gonna start using it again now. Why?
Because I bought a 10-pack of ZIP disks on eBay.
In other words: I give up on SCSI2SD in 3K.

Those who got it working on a 3K, I really envy you. The craziest shit is mine WORKED for maybe 3-4 months before getting weird (using same card, settings, etc. as when it was working). And it's not my machine I don't think...my MPC has been to Forat, gone over with a fine-tooth comb (I had some corrosion on a dataline from a leak in my studio) and he says everything works fine. And it works PERFECTLY with other SCSI devices, like ZIPs.

But my 5.1 SCSI2SD just never seemed to work. Always freezes with LED on and that takes down my 3K. Have to power cycle it otherwise it's frozen. I hate giving up but time to make music again. NOT looking forward to ZIPs, but at least they work for me...damn.
By JUKE 179r Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:39 am
Might I suggest selling the SCSI2SD v5.1/5.5 and with the funds get the SCSI2SD v5.0/microSD?
By kraftywerk Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:37 am
You think the 5.0 would work better? Yours has been stable?
Actually hmm...I think mine is MicroSD. It's a little tiny thing. Maybe I had the version wrong.
By BayGT Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:41 pm
Hey everyone.
I’m having a strange issue with scsi2sd in my 3K.
So I installed the chicken systems scsi2sd with their cable, and the mpc didn’t recognize it. I read the info on the scsi fuse, so I replaced that as well and then it blew fuse F2. I replaced F2 and got some extras lol so I powered on and it did the same thing. F2 blown
If I unplug the power molex from the scsi2sd and pop in a new fuse the mpc works fine and I rebooted it multiple time to make sure it’s the molex / power causing the issue. Obviously the scsi2sd now isn’t getting power.

Any help would would be much appreciated

TIA
By tuckalow Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:34 pm
I had the exact same problem.... F2 blown... Turns out SamplerZone assembled the plug for the SCSI cable backwards. Sent it back to them for a refund. Even though they claim that "all of their products are tested". Lol
By kraftywerk Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:15 pm
Years later update - I think I had SCSI2SD 5.0b board (I don't have it here) with Micro SD.
Tried for ages to get it to work - no luck. Internal SCSI 50-pin, or stock SCSI in back.
Finally gave up.

Currently testing ZuluSCSI. No guarantees but working so far. Gonna try to make a video showing how I set it up in order to help any future users.

I wasted ages on SCSI2SD. I'm not dissing the product generally but it just never worked on my grey 3K and I tested the shit out of it, worked with the dev (who was awesome). I would recommended the my version of SCSI2SD for any sampler but NOT the MPC3K.

Disclaimer: this is **only** for my version, 5.0b. Red with MicroSD. There are videos of other versions of SCSI2SD working fine with the 3K on YouTube and evidence of same in this thread. Thanks to all who replied over the years. I was using ZIP Disks through the interim!