MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MAXTHEDOG Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:19 pm
Hi All,
Newbie Live user here. I’m wanting to save my own EQ and delay presets, but I can only seem to save them to the internal memory. Is this correct? Live let’s me go through the procedure of saving elsewhere but when I navigate back they won’t load.
I’ve got an extra HDD and SD card installed so there’s plenty of space. I’ve checked both the manual and THE BIBLE but can’t seem to find anything.
I’m running V2.3 on the Live.
Cheers,
MtD.
By MAXTHEDOG Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:46 am
Bit of an update - I’ve noticed that Live does save the settings on the HDD but not my title.
So with that I’ll stay with 2.3 given that some on here are reporting screen response issues on V2.6. That WOULD do my head in.
Regards,
MtD.
By Monotremata Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:38 pm
The 'screen issues' I mentioned elsewhere dont affect the plugin itself just the title listed in the preset menu. You probably want to update your MPC to 2.6 like they said. Trust me.
Bymember04959388 Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:48 am
MAXTHEDOG wrote:Hi All,
Newbie Live user here. I’m wanting to save my own EQ and delay presets, but I can only seem to save them to the internal memory. Is this correct? Live let’s me go through the procedure of saving elsewhere but when I navigate back they won’t load.
I’ve got an extra HDD and SD card installed so there’s plenty of space. I’ve checked both the manual and THE BIBLE but can’t seem to find anything.
I’m running V2.3 on the Live.
Cheers,
MtD.

Just save it in the internal memory, it will automatically point to that when you will load it and it takes a ridiculously small amount of memory.
And anyway update to 2.6 as soon as you can, you are losing a great bundle of fx, some synths and automations lanes staying on 2.3
By MAXTHEDOG Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:24 pm
Thanks Frisbi,
Have gone up to V2.6 and am enjoying messing with the Live. I’ll do as you’ve suggested with saving them in the internal memory.
Regards,
MtD.