Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Cockdiesel Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:02 pm
NEWSFLASH

Akai Professional Announces Force Beta Testing Program

To support the long-awaited launch of Ableton Live Control Integration for Force, Akai Professional is proud to announce the Force Beta Testing Program. The program will serve as a direct link between the Akai Force community and the Akai Professional development team to ensure the best user experience possible.

With Ableton Live Control Integration, Force users will now have wireless control of Ableton simultaneously with standalone Force functionality. Users will now have control of their Ableton matrix layout, mixer, device control and much more right from Force. In addition to Ableton Live control, the Arranger feature will enable users to structure and build their productions into sectioned compositions.

The Beta Program will be offered to a select group of users. To learn more and apply for the Force Beta Testing Program, click here.

Found this in my email today. Clicked for more info but it was an application to be a beta tester.

Haven’t sold my force yet, I think it’s cool and all but really not needed for my work flow. If they could make some of chord progression and other notes modes similar on the live or x that would be awesome. I know the features are there for the most part but it’s really streamlined on the force is and obviously the 64 pads.

I find it interesting that it says you can control ableton wirelessly. Pretty cool if you can switch from the force to controlling ableton all stand alone.

Looks like the “song” mode for the force will be “arranger” mode. I wanted more info on these but it’s behind the job application.
By CFM01 Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:59 pm
I signed up although to be honest only had my Force 2 weeks, however did use a MPC Live for 2 years before and Ableton Live for 9 years.

Ableton wireless integration sounds interesting although I’ve been trying to get rid of the need for a PC. Not sure I want to start hooking it up again but I always found to get the best out of the MPC Live you needed to run the MPC software.

With Force I’ve found I can do most things apart from the final part - song mode. However, it is i believe one of the features ask for the most... so there will be some type of song mode brought to the Force.
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 am
Yeah, I recieved the invite as well. But I do not own a Force. Somebody can take mine if they like. However, I think if you registered your Force with Akai, you supposed to get an invite.
By kaydigi Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:54 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Yeah, I recieved the invite as well. But I do not own a Force. Somebody can take mine if they like. However, I think if you registered your Force with Akai, you supposed to get an invite.

Haven’t registered my force and I received the email and was accepted into the beta. The new arranger looks great,

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2019/ ... a-testers/
By juice Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:19 am
Has anyone downloaded the beta yet? I filled out the Beta Testing Team application through Instagram. The next day I received an e-mail from “hbellanton” inviting me to join the Beta Testing Forum, but I don’t see where the Beta can be downloaded. The only a post I see is the Beta Testing Team Application. Does anyone know if I need to fill this out again? BTW, I am a registered Force owner.
By juice Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:22 am
I've got it now! The problem was that I was looking at the forum on an ios device (iPad). When I pulled it up on the laptop, everything was there. Time to brew some coffee!
By Cockdiesel Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Akai Professional will also offer an MPC Beta program for Ableton Live Control integration. Those applying for that program will be notified once it has opened.

from the article posted above. Looking nice, and i guess this will all be ported over to the mpc too.
really interested how this plays out.
By r4nd0m Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:50 pm
that looks indeed interesting compared to the Push2 that is currently collecting dust some how ...

on the other hand I cant think how this would materialise on the MPC with its limited amount of buttons but not yet willing to take a punt on this and just get the Force to not be able to use it to the extend that I would prefer
By Cockdiesel Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:46 pm
That’s an extension of the force’s mixing page in the pictures. There is something similar on the Mpc but it would need to be revamped some obviously.

I can think of a lot of ways where the layout of the live although limited would be awesome for controlling ableton.

Unless you need the forces layout, this really will take the x to the next level.
I keep fighting the urge to get a x but if it’s done right I’ll scoop up a used one in no time .
By r4nd0m Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:25 pm
well I dont have the X but the Live so limited already compared to the X with regards to available qlinks, buttons etc ... as I said I got the Push2 in my setup along with the maschines (MK3/JAM) which I got for cheap ... but a proper ableton controller may actually re-spark my interest in ableton - got the Push2 2nd hand as well and was always on the verge to sell it again hence I looked at the Force for a while but its limited capabilities held me off
By J-Fly Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:30 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Yeah, I recieved the invite as well. But I do not own a Force. Somebody can take mine if they like. However, I think if you registered your Force with Akai, you supposed to get an invite.

Did you previously own a Force like I did? I currently still have two Akai Force serials registered on my account although I only have one. My old MPC Live is also still registered so I don't know how Akai distinguishes me from the new owner but I'm glad that I'm continuing to get the MPC software updates.