Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By saltmcgault Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:58 pm
algorithmworld wrote:What's up bro that link out but when I downloaded the files it would not open I have the mpc4000 book is there a special I have to go tooo

There’s something special on every single page in that book. Read it and you shall see.
By Lampdog Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:13 pm
Several times throughout the book it states cdrom.

Or, you can just try it anyway. There's nor "burn' function on any menu I've seen.

I have previously enjoyed that exact functionality on my Triton Extreme though. 8)
By ghost 47 Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:55 pm
I recently installed a DVD/CD combination drive. With that said you can only read content from a DVD/CD. No burning what so ever. :smoker:
By mr_debauch Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:08 pm
well you want an analog audio driver... analog sounds better than digital most the time... with the exception being albums made by the RZA. But yeah you are right, a digital audio driver will for sure be an upgrade from the compact disc drive that the 4000 comes with. Try to get the analog one though.
By rabidhamster Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:22 pm
algorithmworld wrote:I wanna change my rewriteable driver to a digital audio CD driver or could I install a CD burner into my mpc4000

Im not sure I'm understanding what you're saying - I think you're saying you want your CD drive to be able to read audio digitally instead of analog?

If that is the case you simply need to plug your existing CD drive into the SPDIF Card upgrade in the MPC4000 - if you dont have SPDIF already you'll need to get that card to install.

Hopefully I dont misunderstand.

"driver" is software a computer uses to control its hardware. Or a "driver" could also be a term used for part of a speaker, or a person piloting a motor vehicle. "driver" regarding an MPC doesn't really mean anything so it confuses people. a DRIVE would be a "CD player" unit, a hard disk, etc., and those are in the MPC.