MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By r4nd0m Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 pm
Not sure if everyone has seen it but the friends at AKAI announced the Ableton integration/controller functionality as beta http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2019/ ... a-testers/

more interesting though the last sentence:
Akai Professional will also offer an MPC Beta program for Ableton Live Control integration. Those applying for that program will be notified once it has opened.

thoughts?
By CharlesRandolph Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:16 pm
r4nd0m wrote:Not sure if everyone has seen it but the friends at AKAI announced the Ableton integration/controller functionality as beta http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2019/ ... a-testers/

more interesting though the last sentence:
Akai Professional will also offer an MPC Beta program for Ableton Live Control integration. Those applying for that program will be notified once it has opened.

thoughts?

What if InMusic buys ableton? They are spending lots of time, integrating with A.L over improving MPC Software.
By Bezo Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:34 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:What if InMusic buys ableton? They are spending lots of time, integrating with A.L over improving MPC Software.
I don’t get it. They potentially have their own ecosystem, yet invest time in integrating with others. Maps for other controllers when the Advance isn’t integrated. No connection to or borrowed features from VIP. And AL integration when their own software is so far behind it & other DAWs.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:07 pm
Bezo wrote:I don’t get it. They potentially have their own ecosystem, yet invest time in integrating with others. Maps for other controllers when the Advance isn’t integrated. No connection to or borrowed features from VIP. And AL integration when their own software is so far behind it & other DAWs.

Your guess is as good as mine. I understand what they are doing with Akai Force and Ableton. But, perhaps the adoptions rate of the MPC Software, just isn't there. How many people here, actually use it as a daily driver?
By Cockdiesel Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:29 pm
not sure what to think other than maybe they will rework VIP to work all together for 3.0 It would seem they would be better off focusing on partnering with ableton and others than outright trying to replace them. ableton and fl studio have had 2 decades of a head start on them. I mean it;s not like akai isn't doing enough they have really been keeping the updates and new features rolling out. Still keep saying that a keyboard running some version of the VIP software would be dope. a miniak sized one with 8 q links like on the force, battery operated and same screen as the live. And a flagship with 16 pads and a flip up screen on 61 keys.
By lih Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:59 am
robleighton22 wrote:
lih wrote:I’ll go crazy if we get that arranger view also

That's already been confirmed (assume it will be the same). :-D .

yea I just saw on gearslutz. the akai guy over there said it’s their number one request