MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:31 pm
I didn't request nothing. I said it would be nice lol
Im not going to request software not crashing... WTF LOL

why would it be impossible to add 24 audio tracks? Cause we only have less than 2GB of ram? :shock: :roll: :(

CharlesRandolph wrote:
You are asking for the impossible. Next thing, you'll request, I don't know, maybe something like software that doesn't crash other software, when scanning plugs in. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:55 pm
Danoc wrote:I didn't request nothing. I said it would be nice lol
Im not going to request software not crashing... WTF LOL

why would it be impossible to add 24 audio tracks? Cause we only have less than 2GB of ram? :shock: :roll: :(

CharlesRandolph wrote:
You are asking for the impossible. Next thing, you'll request, I don't know, maybe something like software that doesn't crash other software, when scanning plugs in. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The question is, why did they choose to only have 8 audio tracks? Perhaps it's the MPC 5000 Code with a prettier overlay?
By Monotremata Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:18 pm
The Force just now got USB audio so it'll probably be here soon. Is disk streaming coming in 2.7?? I thought that was a 3.0 thing but its hard to keep up now haha.

I like track view though!! Its what I use for looking at the whole picture, like the arrangement window in Logic. Song Mode would be perfect if it looked like Track View did. They need to seriously fix the song mode display anyways the thing only does tiny and tinier, the zoom on it is flat out broken in the software heh.
Bymember04959388 Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:24 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:USB over audio is possible, but not implemented.
Disk Streaming is supposed to be in the next update.

Frisbi wrote:Just a silly question that comes to my mind.
Is it not possible to send all tracks as separate tracks in real time through USB?
This way you could just open a multitrack on computer and record all you play in separate tracks so you can finalize the mix later.

And is it not possible to stream samples from sd card so we could use some field recordings on the background as we play?

I think those two features would open up a lot of possibilities

So you think that with disk streaming we will be able to stream long ssmples from HD (or SD) without ram limitations?
That would be very nice.
And if they later implement usb audio, will we be able to send all our tracks separately as we play them through usb?
By Danoc Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:34 pm
I have no answer for that. But it was an idiotic move. It was 2017, nobody wanna just deal with 8 tracks, that's insane. Smh :hmmm: They weren't thinking ahead, they were thinking in the past mixed with a lil now! If they wanted it to be powerful give it specs like a powerful PC.

But l do know if they use that arrangement UI its a way way deep step up from looking at the MPC 2000XL lol whew. Those were the days. But l made it work.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
The question is, why did they choose to only have 8 audio tracks? Perhaps it's the MPC 5000 Code with a prettier overlay?
By CharlesRandolph Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:38 pm
Frisbi wrote:So you think that with disk streaming we will be able to stream long ssmples from HD (or SD) without ram limitations?
That would be very nice.
And if they later implement usb audio, will we be able to send all our tracks separately as we play them through usb?

Disk Stream: Yes
Audio Over USB: Depends on how they implement it.
By Monotremata Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:11 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Monotremata wrote:The Force just now got USB audio so it'll probably be here soon.

Where did they announce that? Also, why would they do that on the force, before the Flagship MPC-X? :hmmm:

Lemme see if I can find it, I THINK I saw someone mention it in a list of stuff on the Akai forums. Hopefully Im not confusing it with the controller mode thing, but Im pretty sure I saw that audio was now enabled on it.
By Cockdiesel Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:36 am
I believe it just gave the force the ability to be used as a sound card. I can try it out if you'd like I haven't updated it yet, This has been implemented on the live since day one.

Now if they could somehow implement the class compliment mode like on a RME interface then were talking especially if it could work both ways. Like I plug in my rme into the live usb and can use those inputs/ outputs. Hell I can do that right now to some degree with my ipap and Beat maker 3....

Mentioned in the last few words in this video. says works as a audio interface in controller mode. SO 2 in 4 out I am guessing.
By 40Beatz Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:21 pm
I believe they only implemented 8 Standalone Audio tracks because of the strain in available RAM. They probably figured, if u want more than 8 Audio Tracks, use it in Controller Mode with the Software. Which is pretty understandable. Akai catered to the Standalone population, but at the same time, they want more people using the software.

Far as USB audio, I use the Akai EIE PRO... https://www.akaipro.com/eie-pro It may be discontinued tho..

That pretty much handles my USB Audio needs. Akai implemented the ability to Export Tracks and Audio, as an alternative to Tracking out material in Real Time. Makes it a lot easier in my opinion.
By QuickStrike Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 pm
QuickStrike wrote:Has anyone ever tried to load the force firmware on to the live or MPCx. I don't know why I thought of that but I was wondering if it worked. I don't have the firmware to try it. Don't ask me why I would try it. Just curious to know if it works lol

Guess im talkin to myself. no one's tried it. I'm talking to myself. You guys have a good day.