Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By TigerD Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:08 pm
Hey all,

I've been running my MPC 1000 as the brains to my live set, and have noticed occasional problems.

When sending mono notes to my Moog Minitaur or Korg Volca Bass, sometimes – randomly – they are sent MIDI notes 1/2 step out of tune.

There is no note bend information happening, and this problem usually resolves itself within 20 minutes.

There are no extreme temperatures involved.

Many thanks for any thoughts
By TigerD Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:24 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Do either of those have to be tuned or an option to tune them? I know I had to tune a moog mother a few times.

Hey sorry I wasn't notified about your reply – they have tuning options but they're modern analog synths so tuning shouldn't really be an issue.

I'm also experiencing the same thing with my Korg Volcas. Seems like the MPC1000 is at fault somehow?
By DeadSoul Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:30 pm
What OS are you running? Is it up to date? Maybe reinstalling the OS could fix the issue? I think the best approach would be to try to resolve this at the software level and then consider if the hardware is doing something wrong.