MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By everlast88az Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:44 am
when I create a slice and assign it to a pad. Then I adjust the sample start end to make a new slice and assign it to a different pad, the previous pad(s) are now updated to the most current start/stop of the sample. I would like to create various slices and assign to different pads from the same sample how can I do that? thanks.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:47 am
A few ways to do this. But perhaps the easiest:

SAMPLE EDIT > CHOP (hit TRIM twice). Create your slices there, turn off LINK SLICES if you wish to create overlapping slices. Manually create extra slices using SLICE+ or pencil tool etc. Once happy, SHIFT > CONVERT and select 'new drum program using slices'.

At this point you can either choose 'non destructive' or 'pad parameters'. If you choose pad parameters you can continue to tweak the start and end points of each chop directly within the newly created program itself via PROGRAM EDIT > SAMPLES.

If you choose 'non destructive slice' you can edit each slice independently via SAMPLE EDIT > PROGRAM

Both methods mean each pad acts completely independently, any edits you make to one pad will not affect any other .

Check out my MPC Bible for more chopping tutorials.

https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php ... ive-bible/
By Zen6 Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm
Hi all,

I'm new to the MPC Live and I'm trying to follow this method. I have chopped up a sample into 16 regions and assigned them to individual pads and created a new program. So far so good, but the questions is how do I actually record the samples along with my drums? I can't seem to figure it out when my samples are on a different program than my drums