MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:01 pm
You had a broken unit man..Heard this issue before..
Mirror Cube wrote:
Danoc wrote:My pads been working since day one.
Mirror what are your sensitivity settings?

tried them in every combination 1-16.

ill prolly pick up an mpc live again when the price drops in a few years or like black friday or something lol
By Danoc Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:49 pm
Exactly he had a broken unit. Cause l have a brand new MPC live from the first batch that came off the boat in 2017 and there is nothing wrong with my pads. I use it on the regular too.
:smoker:
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:
You had a broken unit man..Heard this issue before.
By Cockdiesel Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:05 pm
Yea I have never heard someone say the push had better feeling pads than the Mpc.

FWIW: akai designed the first push and I’m guessing the push two was built off the same specs that akai developed
By Danoc Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 pm
I touched the Push pads it only took me 5 taps on those pads to say, "no way on earth could l use these to finger in drums". Then l walked away. LPD8 pads feel better than the Push pads.
I love the Live pads , imo are perfect.

:smoker: :
:nod:
By Monotremata Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:27 am
Ill admit I hated them at first and just turned everything on full blast haha. After getting used to it and breaking em in, I dont want to work any other way this thing has ruined me hah.
By Unreallystic Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:02 pm
The Push 2 pads are different than the Push 1, Push 1 pads are more rubbery than the Push 2, and I prefer the Push 1 pads over the more plasticy feeling Push 2 pads.

For finger drumming the MPC pads do feel more "lively" and "fun", but playing out anything besides drums, the pads of both push feel better, and I don't mean that just because of their being 64-pads, the feel just doesn't feel ridiculous and feels more velocity "accurate" when doing keys/synths
- Unreall
Bymember04959388 Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm
Yeah if there is something good with Akai, it's the pads for sure.
I never found anything so good to play, you easily find yourself recording with them instead.of programming on the screen.
Just go to preferences, find the right balance between sensitivity and threshold that works for you and play them.
By Danoc Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:11 pm
Yep.^^^^ MPC 3000, 60, 4000 and 2000XL feel good.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:49 pm
The next MPC should have 5d technology like the Linnstrument and Roli.

Strike Velocity
Pressure (Z axis)
Left-Right (X axis)
Front-Back (Y axis)
Release Velocity
By mr_debauch Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:39 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:The next MPC should have 5d technology like the Linnstrument and Roli.

Strike Velocity
Pressure (Z axis)
Left-Right (X axis)
Front-Back (Y axis)
Release Velocity

and they should put in a caveman button that turns all that off and puts it on full level :lol:
By Lampdog Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:09 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Left-Right (X axis)
Front-Back (Y axis)

Having this in Beatmaker 3 automation is one of my favorite things.
I can assign soooooo many things to the axis'.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:24 pm
mr_debauch wrote:and they should put in a caveman button that turns all that off and puts it on full level :lol:

You're right. We definitely need the high hats, cymbals, kick drum, toms and snare to have the same dynamics. :lol: I was thinking about having a button, that makes it sound like YouTube compression. :nod:

Lampdog wrote:Having this in Beatmaker 3 automation is one of my favorite things.
I can assign soooooo many things to the axis'.

Nice!! How prevalent is Beatmaker 3 in your setup?
By Lampdog Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 pm
Sometimes it's the only thing I'll use. Sometimes I don't touch it at all.