Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By La Source Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:04 pm
mpc3000 won't boot. i see akai bios after the screen just looks - by sinking at the first line and the diode pad bank A is lit. Do you think bad eprom?
By JUKE 179r Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:44 am
Open up the 3000 and check that everything is seated and plugged in correctly... RAM, OS chips, wire connectors, all of that.
By La Source Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 am
yes i check remove / install 3 times all connectors, ram , os chip ... i soldering all in pcb power and filter ...nothing sorry if bad english i m french
By JUKE 179r Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:50 pm
Try loading the OS from floppy disk.
By La Source Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:20 pm
I have installed scsi2sd and i boot i make a beat i save and power off. when power on i boot i load program and play ---> mpc frozen. i power off and power on and won't boot...
i have installed the floppy drive instead scsi2sd and won't boot
By La Source Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:12 pm
act 2:
I unplug and reconnect all connectors at least 6 times see more still no boot.
I check all the tensions that happens to the CPU card: they are all good so I tell myself the problem comes from the CPU card as it is she who manages the boot. I disassemble to check a component that would have taken heat and I do continuity tests without convincing results ... to the point where I am I take out the soldering iron and I redo all the welds of the components of the bottom of the cpu card (the top I am not equipped for then I did not feel to touch the processor + complex IC ...)
I reinstall the whole thing. I turn on the machine and it boot !!! so cracked weld \ dries somewhere after I could not really say where ...
sorry i m french i use google translate i hope you understand