MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By wavejockey Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:41 pm
errors on top of this page are confirmed by AKAI
i made a short movie here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDdYltIY_vQ

all errors in the description
-switching between modes and not displaying the correct pad bank
-zoom all wrong when zoomed out & when returning to grid edit
-selected noted not qualified for editing when returning to grid edit mode, although "selected"
By soundsafoolmusic Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:01 am
If I record via the pads all is ok

If I record by midi on a key group then all ok until the point where I replay the same note I have already placed in that track.

It then creates a step that starts when the previous step of that note started and completes when it should.

A bit of a mess

Have redown loaded 2.6 and re-updated. Still an issue

Where is 2.5 so I can try on that?
By Monotremata Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:54 pm
Did you check your user account downloads?? Mine still has 2.5 in it, I have to go to the MPC's product page and download the demo to install 2.6 heh. Hopefully it stays that way, every time they update their website they break shit elsewhere. Ever since the last one in July, nobody is getting iLok codes or serials when they register a new product haha and everybody's old Renassance/Studio/MPC 1.x serial numbers are getting locked out now too.
By soundsafoolmusic Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 pm
Thanks for the reply

Was first place I checked and nothing there for me. I have rechecked again

Is everyone else ok with midi and hence I need to return under some sort of warranty?
By Monotremata Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 pm
I can try it in a bit (I just woke up so gimme some time haha), but Im on the software, don't have a Live until I move a couple of these synths at home hehe. I think the few times Ive recorded my Microbrute I just used the pads to play it but Ill try it with the Microbrute itself.
By soundsafoolmusic Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:09 pm
Lets just put this down to a case of a stupid user who should know better!

My master keyboard has multiple zones etc with different midi channlels to hwich I normally only have one active. As the Live recieves on all channels and I had two zones using same keyranges it duplicated midi. The Live struggles with notes of the same values and went a bit silly.

Totally reproducible and all fine! The clue was when I played from my virus and all was fine!
By dflat57 Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:39 pm
MPC software says Error when trying to open audio device! (No hardware was found)

Updated MPC X and computer, turned on and hooked up my MPC AS I HAVE ALWAYS DONE, now I get this error code. Yes I have repaired and reinstalled the driver repeatedly. The MPC software recognizes the MPC X. The pads and everything plays fine, loads up tracks and songs, but it can't find the hardware?? WTF
By Caustic Yoda Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 am
MPC live standalone, holding down the Qlink button brings up the qlink screen but the pages are all messed up, page 4 on the lights is now pages 1 on the screen and so on, was fine in the last version i had installed 2.4
By Monotremata Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:35 am
dflat57 wrote:MPC software says Error when trying to open audio device! (No hardware was found)

Updated MPC X and computer, turned on and hooked up my MPC AS I HAVE ALWAYS DONE, now I get this error code. Yes I have repaired and reinstalled the driver repeatedly. The MPC software recognizes the MPC X. The pads and everything plays fine, loads up tracks and songs, but it can't find the hardware?? WTF

Weird Dryad had that problem with a Renaissance over in that forum last week too. It turned out you had to disable SIP on the Mac cause it missed some security check or something. Cant remember if it was an outdated driver or not. I know the old Studio driver you can download from the website wont load because of the same thing. Its too old and wasn't made to accommodate Apple's newer security features. Of course if youre using Windows, never mind haha.
By Caustic Yoda Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:57 am
Recording in a sample via threshold, the sampler is missing the 1st cycle of the recorded waveforms!!!, this has been ongoing and still not fixed
By wavejockey Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:26 am
well i was doubting this was fixed as i heard some (punch) difference between live & sample
glad you confirmed this, i revert to start/stop (sample) then & avoid the threshold
By wavejockey Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:28 pm
turn the octave/transpose button on the MAIN (track) view
all MIDI clock [out] messages are delayed considerably
they keep up, after a while - but there is serious delay in all slaved devices
(confirmed by AKAI)
FW 2.5 & 2.6
By Monotremata Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:20 pm
tiger001 wrote:turn the octave/transpose button on the MAIN (track) view
all MIDI clock [out] messages are delayed considerably
they keep up, after a while - but there is serious delay in all slaved devices
(confirmed by AKAI)
FW 2.5 & 2.6

Is this STILL the delay thing that happens when you mess with the QLinks?? Didnt they claim this has been fixed twice now?
By wavejockey Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:03 am
not Qlinks but just changing the transpose of a (MIDI) track
By DonnyDank Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:32 am
Yea, give me back the SP1200 effect. I only see a display with the word SP1200 but i cant manipulate the bitcrushing. Kinda lame and stupid