MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By stefcien Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:20 am
I've been racking my brain on this one. Perhaps someone out there in interwebs world knows the answer. I'm using MPC Software 2.6 and Ableton Live 10 with my Ren. Basically using Live as a gaint complex tape/FX/synth machine. I would like to sequence all my MIDI with the mpc and send the MIDI info to different channels of MIDI inside Ableton. I've got the multi tracking of audio out of the MPC into seperate channels in ableton down. When I try to do this with MIDI tracks I seem to only be able to do it once, after that no matter what channel I select inside the MP Ableton recieves "ALL". Such a simple idea seems to be twisting my mind. What am I missing? Any help from the Beat Lords?
By quietizkept Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:52 pm
Replying to subscribe to this thread, I try a variation of this that would work the same way about twice a year and just get angry. It was dead ass simple on the 1000. I'd love to be able to use my DAW's MIDI fx and host the instruments there so I could use an INDUSTRY STANDARD multitimbral instrument like Kontakt properly, instead of one instance per track. I don't have the bread to buy another upgraded 1K and a multitrack interface to track out my drums with....but I have thought about it many times. :vomit: