MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Scherer Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:54 am
Hi guys, having huge trouble with importing my own loops into Clip-Mode. Everytime I start a loop with WARP activated I can hear a short double-click (very fast repeating of the first transient), which is annoying. This double-click is repeated everytime the SEQUENCE loop starts over.

My loops are cut perfectly and working flawless in all other DAWs. And they're working fine without WARP activated in the MPC. But Clip-Mode without WARP doesn't make much sense to me.

Any advice to get rid of these double-clicks?
By Scherer Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:01 am
I want to add that also the timing of the loops is totally messed up with active WARP. All my loops are playing together nicely without WARP, but as soon it's activated, the loops get out of timing. Even if the loop tempo matches the song tempo. For the moment clip mode turns out to be useless.
By sleepytm Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:49 pm
yeah, i had absolutely the same experience with warping my loops in standalone :/
couldn't use it.
i've reported it via bugreport, also made some comments on gs, without any luck, sadly. maybe you'll succeed and akai will fix it?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:01 pm
I don't think Elastique works in Linux (the standalone OS), and I assume the 'mpc' algorithm' was made in-house, hence the difference in quality. I doubt we'll ever see Elastique in standalone as it is licensed from Izotope, but hopefully the MPC algorithm can get tweaked over time. It might also be a processor issue, perhaps future hardware will address this.
By DokBrown Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 pm
I hope akai polishes the MPC/FORCE with another warp algorithm in standalone/linux. There is a lot of noise/artefacts when you really try stretching the tempo that seems dated by 2020 standards.

Critical for the akai force
A sweet upgrade for the MPC series
By Walton00 Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:28 pm
Hi, have te same problem , when i import samples :

"Hi guys, having huge trouble with importing my own loops into Clip-Mode. Everytime I start a loop with WARP activated I can hear a short double-click (very fast repeating of the first transient), which is annoying. This double-click is repeated everytime the SEQUENCE loop starts over."

"I want to add that also the timing of the loops is totally messed up with active WARP. All my loops are playing together nicely without WARP, but as soon it's activated, the loops get out of timing. Even if the loop tempo matches the song tempo. For the moment clip mode turns out to be useless."

has it been fixed?
By Fane Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:09 pm
I just bought yesterday a new one, same problem... I cannot use any of my sample loops. It's pretty annoying to pay 1200 usd and to realize that I cannot use any loop or warp any audio track, incredible!
By 40Beatz Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:34 pm
It may not work but what about enabling Zero Snap and adjust the start
By Lampdog Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:57 pm
Pops/Clicks are due to sudden changes in volume.

Zero snap like 40Beatz said is the first thing I'd look into also. Made a small short fade in would be something to consider too. Gear can only do so much before WE (beatmakers) need to step in and adjust things ourselves. Sometimes it's just better for US (beatmakers) to manually step in to handle a problem.
By IEEU Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:11 pm
Fane wrote:I just bought yesterday a new one, same problem... I cannot use any of my sample loops. It's pretty annoying to pay 1200 usd and to realize that I cannot use any loop or warp any audio track, incredible!

i hate it mpc touch screen is blank and not work İmacPRO or pc WIN10 , akai force is clicked select other channel, i cant use all loops because is warp not working truly. firmware is 3.0.6. whats your problem AKAI ?