MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dmcghee Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:37 am
Propellerhead Reason 11 is coming out with the rack as a VST3 Plugin for any DAW. Also coming as AU and AAX. It’s on the Propellerhead website.
By Unreallystic Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:06 pm
Frisbi wrote:I am still waiting for Propellerhead going hardware.
Any news about that?

Nope, but after years of trying to figure out how to accomplish that through DIY means, I've come to the conclusion that its not really necessary. The design of Reason alone means anything more than MIDI messages and mixers is going to be too hard to cram into a singular design. For years I tried to engineer a way to take Thor out the (software)box. Best I've come across is the Push template.
- Unreall
By CharlesRandolph Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:47 pm
kaydigi wrote:I went to pre order the the 11 upgrade and it shows the plug version is VST3 and au only. Windows users won’t be able to use the plugin.

VST3 works with windows.

Unreallystic wrote:Nope, but after years of trying to figure out how to accomplish that through DIY means, I've come to the conclusion that its not really necessary. The design of Reason alone means anything more than MIDI messages and mixers is going to be too hard to cram into a singular design. For years I tried to engineer a way to take Thor out the (software)box. Best I've come across is the Push template.
- Unreall

Have you tried this?
https://apps.apple.com/app/thor-polysonic-synthesizer/id660195946
By kaydigi Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:48 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
kaydigi wrote:I went to pre order the the 11 upgrade and it shows the plug version is VST3 and au only. Windows users won’t be able to use the plugin.

VST3 works with windows.

I typed too fast. I meant windows mpc software users won’t be able to use it. The mpc 2 software doesn’t support vst3... or am I mistaken? I thought I saw that on users wishlists.

While au users on Mac OS will have no problems using it on the mpc software, when the au versions finally comes out.

Am I off base here?
By Danoc Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:20 am
Dmcghee wrote:Propellerhead Reason 11 is coming out with the rack as a VST3 Plugin for any DAW. Also coming as AU and AAX. It’s on the Propellerhead website.

Helllz to the yeah booooyyyeeee!
By Danoc Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:30 am
lih wrote:does mpc 2.x support vst3? I use studio one so I’m straight really, just curious

Do you have S1v4? That is off the chain. I have Reason 10 and S1v4. That's why l ain't to worried to much of what Akai is doing
By Fre$hBreath Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:31 am
This is great news! Gonna use that beautiful sound of their SSL 9k console in MPC Software like a champ!
By Danoc Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:51 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:This is great news! Gonna use that beautiful sound of their SSL 9k console in MPC Software like a champ!

Only if it works in the mpc software.
By Unreallystic Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:49 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Unreallystic wrote:Nope, but after years of trying to figure out how to accomplish that through DIY means, I've come to the conclusion that its not really necessary. The design of Reason alone means anything more than MIDI messages and mixers is going to be too hard to cram into a singular design. For years I tried to engineer a way to take Thor out the (software)box. Best I've come across is the Push template.
- Unreall

Have you tried this?
https://apps.apple.com/app/thor-polysonic-synthesizer/id660195946

Yeah, I got real excited actually, but it has the exact same issue as Thor inside of Reason, no real hardware interface. You can do a ton of mapping/setup - but I honestly walked away from Reason precisely because (1) I got frustrated with the lack of a GOOD hardware interface and (2) it was too hard to find resources on how to do things (Reason 6-7 timeframe). It's better now on the latter point as once Reason added VST support it seemed to grow in popularity - more people using it, more tutorials, more combinator patches, etc, which is why I plan on finally upgrading my copy.

But I am also a much different producer now. When I got into Reason I was entirely creating for just myself as a rapper/singer, I had none to one kid (now 2), and thus had more time - so Reason was great for experimenting and doing sound design, now I care little about sound design and mostly use self-customized presets as outside of the Motif7, I doubt any consumer can tell you that all "these popular sounds" come from the same place...only producers care about presets, and I'm not making stuff "for them" (most of the time, though I got my skill bag). So I'm really getting this to see how things have changed and to compare to everything else I have/use. I've been "maining" FL Studio lately, but before that was producing mostly with MPC standalone and Ableton @ home, with a backlog of content on my iPad, and failed attempts at being good with my Digitakt. I dunno if Reason will "stick" to my ribs, but it was the first production suite I enjoyed (Reason 4 methinx).
- Unreall