Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By JVC Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:50 pm
Suggest me a cheap & no-nonsense virtual DJ system for those who already have TTs & mixer

I've been researching USED virtual DJ system that can be bought for very cheap, and I'm quite confused; so many options!

I already own Technics SL-1200 MK2 and DJ mixer(s) that ready to use with vinyl records. I also have not-so-new laptop (Windows 7)
I checked ebay and some of older digital DJ hardware (Serato SL1, NI Audio 4 DJ, etc.) looked like quite a bargain (but again, I must be missing something.)
The feature that important for me is sound quality (so I think SL1 is out), and robust software & hardware.
I just found out that Virtual DJ can "read" timecode vinyl for Serato, which is nice.

I don't really care for all the effects.
I do care for great vinyl emulation (scratch really should sound like scratch from real vinyl, without a touch of digital aliasing.)
I just want to try it out.

Any advise? Please help, Thank you!
By pk1 Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:07 am
So if you don’t want all the effects. Are you only wanting to get the digital stuff to play your mp3’s?

If you invested in the 1200’s then you are looking at getting quality stuff that will last. Ya there are allot of option but most are toys. Serato or traktor. Is the way to go. I have had both. Started with Serato when it first came out. Back when we got made fun of for using it. Actually it was one of my boys who got it first we all just used it for each other’s gigs. Passed it around the crew till we all got it. I ended up switching to traktor because it had a few more option and the controllers when I got to it I liked it much more. Soooo many more options. In reality I’m sure they both have mostly same stuff. I just favor traitors set up and style.
So main Q is whatbdonyou want it for.
By JVC Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:43 am
Thank you for your advice. I have a pair of 1200's since 80s' and started out with vinyl. I've already kind of lost interest in digital DJ system, at least for now. I might come back to it later though.