Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By OKJoy Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 pm
What's up MPC forums. Got a new tape for you for free download on Thursday August 29th, 2019. All material from 2014, 1 year earlier than my last tape. Being mostly Hip Hop, it's not as diverse as the previous one but I decided to release this one after because I like these songs better. This track Calzone is my ode to the Westcoast.

By Nakilius Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:40 pm
Hey, this is great. very nice chords (this one last chord makes the progression outstanding)
and overall it sounds fresh and analog. I love it.
maybe to much of the stereo stuff. the snare is very snappy and also a nice bassline.
also theres a lot going on in the background, which makes the beat fun to listen over and over again.
This is a superb and deep beat. Great Job! :worthy:
By OKJoy Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:46 pm
Here it is people, Typewriter Beats, for free download. The concept is just the drum machine as a typewriter, typing up sampled messages and sending them off into the world. This time around Hashbrown and I collaborated on the album art, but the bird pic was still taken by my Dad as usual. Sampled from #Jazz, #Soul and #Rock records. With every tape I try to include a lot of different vibes so hopefully you'll hear something you like. Created on the MPC 1000 and SP 505.

https://okjoy.bandcamp.com/album/typewriter-beats

1. Check it Out
2. Got it
3. City Folk
4. In the House
5. From the Shadows
6. BBQ
7. Calzone
8. Spirits of the Forest
9. Patterns
10. Intrigue
11. Matcha
12. Red Alert
13. On the Griddle
14. Ultra Violins
15. Peace
By CHOPFYT Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:41 pm
Yo OK

Thanks for the freebie Ive got a couple of your tapes and theyre easy to listen too lots of layers and different elements to enjoy. Always got some deep bass and crunchy drums to get the head nodding 'Got It' is :vomit:
Good work bro look forward to the next collection.

Peace
By Nakilius Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:43 pm
Hey OKJoy, this is nice. I like it.
My favorite beats by far are GOT IT, City Folk and Calzone. I absolutely adore the basslines! Well done.
Also From the Shadows, Spirits of the Forest and Patterns are very nice.
again nice basslines and sample choice.
Some nitpicks... some beats are too short or underdeveloped, which is ok to establish a vibe,
but the second half has too much of them. speaking of vibe, towards the end are two beats,
red alert and ultra violins, which are very synthetic and kind of disrupt the vibe.
mixing things up is often nice, but here it feels out of place and I get the feeling that the second half of the album is weaker than the first half.
Hope you dont mind my critiq. Just an opinion.
Overall I like it as an album but love the first three beats mentioned
and enjoyed listening to it. Thank you.
By OKJoy Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:27 pm
thanks for the honest critique! I like to bring a lot of different song durations, I can understand if you think there's too many interludes but I like it that way. Same goes for the synth beats on there, I don't think about what fits, I just try and make every project as versatile as possible for the listener.