For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Fre$hBreath Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:49 pm
Behringer recently asked Facebook users what should they do next and there was a lot of requests for them to clone the Emu SP-1200. Others asked for the Sequential Studio 440, and various MPC models, but mostly The MPC-4000. I really think they are gonna listen and create the ultimate sampling workstation. It will probably take at least 5 years to develop a prototype, but I believe it will happen.
By Monotremata Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:48 pm
Nah.. Honestly, and Im not trying to knock em cause I dig the company but, I dont think Behringer has the brainpower to come up with something like the MPC on their own. This isn't reverse engineering and adapting an analog circuit, I dont think they've got it in them to come up with an OS on their own but who knows. Those Midas guys do awesome work on their digital mixers, but thats not an MPC.

Maybe they will and the 4000s will go dirt cheap so I can buy like 3 of em.
By Fre$hBreath Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:30 pm
Monotremata wrote:Nah.. Honestly, and Im not trying to knock em cause I dig the company but, I dont think Behringer has the brainpower to come up with something like the MPC on their own. This isn't reverse engineering and adapting an analog circuit, I dont think they've got it in them to come up with an OS on their own but who knows. Those Midas guys do awesome work on their digital mixers, but thats not an MPC.

Maybe they will and the 4000s will go dirt cheap so I can buy like 3 of em.

All those clone synths and the new drum machines Behringer have done hasn't disappointed. I not only think they can successfully do it, but they will force Akai to be more competitive than ever.

Behringer turned their reputation around in the past few years. I will never doubt them again. I'm actually routing for them to win...
By tapedeck Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:32 pm
maaaaybe in 5 years, maybe, but unlikely.

they pretty much just get circuit designs, copy them, and add a couple features. that is and has been their mo for years. designing an operating system is unlikely. not to mention have you ever used a behringer os, like on their 'fancy' dj mixer? jesus what a nightmare.
By mr_debauch Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:19 pm
well they did make the deepmind, i can't say workflow wise how well it's put together.... but that is not a simple piece of equipment. And if akai has a shot in the dark, the behringer umbrella of companies for sure has the workforce to do it. Akai used to build MPCs and completely outsource the OS coding.
By Fre$hBreath Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:17 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Behringer, should team up with Roger Linn and cause a serious problem. :lol:

Jack O'Donnell is a bastard. - Roger Linn

By the way did you see the post Behringer made this morning?

https://www.facebook.com/105517788913/p ... 14?sfns=mo
By dabmeister Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:09 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Figures the green goblin would be the mfer who owns akai.

That would be the "Grinch"... :lol: