MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:07 pm
So does this mean that the X/Live are the Lone Wolves of Standalone? Or just on top of all Standalone Products?
By tapedeck Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:10 pm
bredal187 wrote:Gossip article with zero facts

amen. i have been seeing this around the internet and the only 'sources' are anonymous commenters. keep that in mind - the people talking about this have zero accountability and questionable research tactics.
By Unreallystic Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:55 pm
There are no surprises here.

They've gotten their butts kicked in the DJ world, I say this as an owner of the Traktor S2mk2 and Traktor F1. This year I moved to DJ-505 & Force

Hardware wise, the Maschine is a staple, but even though the number of producers has gone up over time, it at least "feels" like the marketshare that has grown is predominately FL Studio. The A-Series and S-Series are great, I sold my old S49 and now have the S61mk2 Black edition (love the feels), but when I look at the value, the integration of the S-Series is still somewhat clunky and the keyboards *specifically the S-Series* feel overpriced.

Everyone just wants Komplete - and even that hasn't grown as it could thanks to competition. I'm just irritated I got the Ultimate Kollector's and still am missing stuff :?

Turning Komplete & the rest of their library into a Roland Cloud scenerio makes some sense, but I won't be biting, I've spent too much money on them to migrate to any kind of subscription model.
- Unreall
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:23 pm
Native Instruments owns sounds.com, also their bread an butter has always been on the software side. It makes good sense to full integrate the company. Expect this across the board with other companies. This is what happens, when companies, treat artist/creators clients like normal consumers.

They should do what they're great at and hyper focus. They would've been better making one incredible keyboard and one incredible Maschine. Then fully integrate their software into those instruments. There's lots of room at the top, but at the bottom it's packed.

Unreallystic wrote:There are no surprises here.

They've gotten their butts kicked in the DJ world, I say this as an owner of the Traktor S2mk2 and Traktor F1. This year I moved to DJ-505 & Force

Hardware wise, the Maschine is a staple, but even though the number of producers has gone up over time, it at least "feels" like the marketshare that has grown is predominately FL Studio. The A-Series and S-Series are great, I sold my old S49 and now have the S61mk2 Black edition (love the feels), but when I look at the value, the integration of the S-Series is still somewhat clunky and the keyboards *specifically the S-Series* feel overpriced.

Everyone just wants Komplete - and even that hasn't grown as it could thanks to competition. I'm just irritated I got the Ultimate Kollector's and still am missing stuff :?

Turning Komplete & the rest of their library into a Roland Cloud scenerio makes some sense, but I won't be biting, I've spent too much money on them to migrate to any kind of subscription model.
- Unreall
By Unreallystic Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:47 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Native Instruments owns sounds.com, also their bread an butter has always been on the software side. It makes good sense to full integrate the company. Expect this across the board with other companies. This is what happens, when companies, treat artist/creators clients like normal consumers.

They should do what they're great at and hyper focus. They would've been better making one incredible keyboard and one incredible Maschine. Then fully integrate their software into those instruments. There's lots of room at the top, but at the bottom it's packed.

The irony is I'm waiting for "one great Maschine".

I'm not really sure which way I'd want them to really go *except NOT subscription*. I like the quality of their hardware, but they always make either dumb mistakes (why were the X1 and F1 different heights than the S2/S4/S8 requiring the purchase of a piece of plastic to be flush?) or don't play as well with others as they could, Komplete is jam packed with stuff, but even just navigating the VST can be difficult depending on your screen resolution (Massive X is too annoying to use on the laptop). The keyboard series - the S-Series look and feel great, but fall into the same freaking issue every controller falls into - they have transport controls and some "cool" functions, but never integrate the short-cuts that would actually make them a replacement for a mouse & keyboard, and if I have a mouse accessible, what do I need the fancy screens and controls for?

So I look at the Maschine MK3, and wonder how it would be better than a cheap MPD 218 that's been MIDI mapped. I've been told that even the audio interface in the MK3 is below average *told not experienced*.

So I'm not sure what I want. I looked at NI as the forward thinking company, Traktor felt so much more creative than Serato when I got it, the Remix decks had "fun" written all over them. Before Akai really hit the computer market, Maschine was already there for pad play. Komplete as a series is a great idea *though currently flawed*. And if they want to forge ahead - focused on the VST/plug-in side of things, the wake of Reason 11 will hurt that.
- Unreall