MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Varmintbaby Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:19 pm
So I have an Akai MPK mini mk2 that came with MPC Essentials. I was messing around in it, and I couldn't figure out how to get my kick and snare bars to play at the same time as a second "synthbass" program I played. Is that not possible in this version of the software? Can I not create full songs/beats in Essentials? Would an upgrade to MPC 2.0 allow me to do this? I see that MPC 2.0 says it gives access to "tracks". I noticed when looking up tutorials for MPC software, tracks was an option/feature that was missing from Essentials that the tutorial giver had in their standard MPC software. Long story short. how can I use the MPC system to create my entire song? Please let me know. Thanks!
By Lampdog Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:36 pm
It's missing cause it doesn't do it. Essentials doesn't do it.
By Monotremata Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:17 am
Yeah Essentials is a one track version of the old 1.0 MPC Software, not even based on the current version. Cool as a plugin if you dont have another sampler but yeah it sucks hehehe.