Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By talll13 Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:59 am
Hi fellaz! I switched on my mpc after a month and after it loads the start files and shows the start screen, is frozen. Any idea about this issue?
I have a cf card reader, max ram and 8 outs. Leds are on but all buttons and screen are frozen...

Thank you in advance

edit: Title
By JVC Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:24 pm
talll13 wrote:Hi fellaz! I switched on my mpc after a month and after it loads the start files and shows the start screen, is frozen. Any idea about this issue?
I have a cf card reader, max ram and 8 outs. Leds are on but all buttons and screen are frozen...

Thank you in advance

edit: Title

If you haven't already, disconnect all the the optional items; remove all RAMs, card reader, 8 out board, then turn on the MPC and see if it boots up as it should.
If it works fine without all the options, then reinstall option, ONE AT TIME. This way, you can find the culprit.
By JUKE 179r Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:38 pm
All your LEDS are on? Do what JVC stated and also check all your electrical connections inside the XL.
You can reload the OS from your card reader. Before you turn on your XL, hold down REC & OVER DUB then turn it on. The XL will then boot from the card reader/floppy/Zip drive.
By talll13 Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:24 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:All your LEDS are on? Do what JVC stated and also check all your electrical connections inside the XL.
You can reload the OS from your card reader. Before you turn on your XL, hold down REC & OVER DUB then turn it on. The XL will then boot from the card reader/floppy/Zip drive.

How will boot when buttons don't react?!
By JUKE 179r Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 pm
Did you try holding them down before you turned on the XL?
By talll13 Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:17 pm
JVC wrote:If you haven't already, disconnect all the the optional items; remove all RAMs, card reader, 8 out board, then turn on the MPC and see if it boots up as it should.
If it works fine without all the options, then reinstall option, ONE AT TIME. This way, you can find the culprit.

I ve tried this today but the issue is still there... any ideaz?