MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 am
You’re going to see a lot of companies start to position themselves for the Christmas season.
They need to get the force up to par before they release any new bigger boxes. If anything I would assume they would roll out a piece or two in the sub 1000 range. I’m anxious to see the direction they take with their keyboard line.
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:40 am
In 2017 first shipment l got my Live for $959 dollars. This don't mean something new is coming, but what is coming is thanksgiving sales and Christmas sales. Its inevitable!

And there were some that got it lower than myself. Ask Eyalc he&s one of them.

EnochLight wrote:Just noticed the MPC Live has dropped to $999 USD. Think Akai has some new hardware incoming? :shock: :? :wink:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -sequencer
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Akai-Profe ... ve-Gold.gc

By hansjbs Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:46 am
Cockdiesel wrote:You’re going to see a lot of companies start to position themselves for the Christmas season.
They need to get the force up to par before they release any new bigger boxes. If anything I would assume they would roll out a piece or two in the sub 1000 range. I’m anxious to see the direction they take with their keyboard line.

This also what I'm waiting to see. Their plan or update for their keyboard line.
By EnochLight Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:46 pm
Danoc wrote:In 2017 first shipment l got my Live for $959 dollars. This don't mean something new is coming, but what is coming is thanksgiving sales and Christmas sales. Its inevitable!

And there were some that got it lower than myself. Ask Eyalc he&s one of them.

This isn't a sale or launch price, though; it's a permanent price drop.

Monotremata wrote:Might be getting ready for its battle with the new Rolands??

That's a good point . Very possible! Though when the MPC Touch had a "price drop", it was phased out. :shock: :?
By kaydigi Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:40 pm
Also the MPC studio dropped to $299. I might get one for my Mac book pro. I can’t mess with my silver studio those knobs are trash.

I’m surprised they never made a fully bus powered Touch or touch equivalent with the color screen. I know a lot of people on here don’t like the touch though. If the X gets a price drop I’m going to get rid of the Live.
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:30 pm
I hear ya. But it doesn't mean a new machine is about to drop.

Lets say a new one drop are you getting it?

EnochLight wrote:This isn't a sale or launch price, though; it's a permanent price drop.

By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Danoc wrote:I hear ya. But it doesn't mean a new machine is about to drop.

The Akai Force repurposed the rest of MPC LIVE/X and Push 1 parts. The next device may take the place of the MPC Studio Black, perhaps a lower priced Akai Force "MINI". Putting out an MPC KEYBOARD won't sale, because it's cheaper to get a MIDI KEYBOARD and MPC LIVE.

They are still pushing small table top Toy devices. :lol: Can you imagine a MPC Calculator samplers for 200 dollars. "A MPC IN YOUR POCKET" :lol:
By EnochLight Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:04 pm

I literally just bought my MPC Live back in April 2019 (scored it for $963 new at Sweetwater). I'm pretty satisfied with it, and barring no crazy new features that are "must have", I'll likely be sitting on my current Live for at least another year or two.

CharlesRandolph wrote:They are still pushing small table top Toy devices. :lol:

To be fair, some of the best and most innovative products are appearing as "Toy devices", and are completely usable in a production environment.

CharlesRandolph wrote:Can you imagine a MPC Calculator samplers for 200 dollars. "A MPC IN YOUR POCKET" :lol:

Teenage Engineering did that already (PO33 K.O.) for $89 USD. It was pretty cool - though I sold mine once I bought the Live. :wink: Also, anyone with an iPhone can buy iMPC for $3. Handy pocket MPC!
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:29 pm
EnochLight wrote:
To be fair, some of the best and most innovative products are appearing as "Toy devices", and are completely usable in a production environment. !

Anything is usable but they are still toys. If someone wants to produce serious work, they will use serious tools. There's no way around it! A craftsman is only as good as their tools.

EnochLight wrote:Teenage Engineering did that already (PO33 K.O.) for $89 USD. It was pretty cool - though I sold mine once I bought the Live. :wink: Also, anyone with an iPhone can buy iMPC for $3. Handy pocket MPC!

Yes, that was joke. Just like the toy calculators. :lol:
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:36 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CharlesRandolph wrote:

The Akai Force repurposed the rest of MPC LIVE/X and Push 1 parts. The next device may take the place of the MPC Studio Black, perhaps a lower priced Akai Force "MINI". Putting out an MPC KEYBOARD won't sale, because it's cheaper to get a MIDI KEYBOARD and MPC LIVE.

They are still pushing small table top Toy devices. :lol: Can you imagine a MPC Calculator samplers for 200 dollars. "A MPC IN YOUR POCKET" :lol: